• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Driving Records!

Shakeszilla

I've had a ridiculous thirst for adrenaline ever since I turned eighteen, and have a pretty long driving record on account of it. I have always had fast cars and street bikes, and unfortunately two stops for me resulted in arrests. My first was when I was nineteen (I'm twenty-seven now) for Driving While License Suspended, and then last year I was fallaciously arrested for Street Racing, where the wonderful Officer slapped a Resisting Arrest charge on there for me, too. (I'm 102 lbs and female!)

Please forgive me if I'm being too forward, but can I have your number?

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I think the only way we can be objective here is if we see a picture of the car in question. If the picture is taken at the location of your former art school, that would help. If the picture is also the location where you were arrested, that would help. If you were in the picture, that would help. If the hood were up so we could see what kind of engine you are working with, that would help.

Prospect

I could succumb to your imprudent request, but what good would it do on an internet forum? I could be 300lbs and male for all you really know; plus could post any picture of some girl with a car. How would you know it's me? Furthermore, why in the world would anyone have a picture of themselves at the place of their arrest? That would definitely be indicative of a mockery, which surely won't help my case in getting in!

In any case, those questions are rhetorical as we've digressed. My initial questions were not intended for the confluence of some battle of elitists; I may as well ask you to post your IQ score at this point, but again, there is no need to deviate from the genuine intent of gaining insight that I originally came with. Now that this thread has become rather extraneous, I want to thank everyone for their input as I will certainly keep it all in mind. Good luck in all you do, I hope to join some of you in the near future!

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I was pulled over driving on I-10 going well into triple digits when I was younger.

Worst thing that can happen is you apply and they say no.

bigwill2876

Check around in your State and find out what type of defensive driving course is available and take the course, it shows good intent that you recognize a problem and are moving to correct past "poor judgment"...

Brunes

pilot
Oh, I concluded as much, haha. But as soon as I ever mention being a "film graduate," people automatically assume I didn't have the aptitude to make it into anything better, so I just figured I'd stop that assumption before it started. I've been treated with such disdain my entire life, but I don't think that warrants shame on my part... ;)

...a "modified tC?" Well, unless you're speaking of modification in terms of steering wheel covers and shift knobs, any modified car is a "target." Especially when it's actually a car that was built for racing... if you can drive a modified Toyota Supra and not look like a target, then maybe you would be interested in buying mine, since I evidently don't do such a great job at it. :)

No- I'm talking about a race stance, rims, intake, exhaust, tint-All the exterior things that make cars get looked at twice. But because I go the speed limit (+/- about 3 for the most part- when I go outside that is when I have issues) and don't try to dodge around other traffic...and I would have no problem driving your Supra.
Good luck!!

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
No- I'm talking about a race stance, rims, intake, exhaust, tint-All the exterior things that make cars get looked at twice. But because I go the speed limit (+/- about 3 for the most part- when I go outside that is when I have issues) and don't try to dodge around other traffic...and I would have no problem driving your Supra.
Good luck!!

Agreed. But, I have to agree that a Scion tC is not an exciting vehicle. Personally, I am not a big fan of "Fast and Furious" type cars. I'll stick with American V-8's.

Here is a pic of my toy. Never pulled over even with the sidepipes (which can be quite loud). I was going to do a 427 small block but have pretty much decided to swap a 6.0L LS2 and maybe add a supercharger. Next project is probably going to be a '67 Camaro or Chevelle with a 540 cubic inch rat.
Cruise06.jpg

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
SteveG75 said:
Here is a pic of my toy. Never pulled over even with the sidepipes...
Even if you did get pulled over, at least you'd get a nod from the officer instead of a chuckle.

Brunes

pilot
Agreed. But, I have to agree that a Scion tC is not an exciting vehicle. Personally, I am not a big fan of "Fast and Furious" type cars. I'll stick with American V-8's.

Here is a pic of my toy. Never pulled over even with the sidepipes (which can be quite loud). I was going to do a 427 small block but have pretty much decided to swap a 6.0L LS2 and maybe add a supercharger. Next project is probably going to be a '67 Camaro or Chevelle with a 540 cubic inch rat.
Cruise06.jpg

Ehhh...Yellow isn't my thing- but that's why so many companies make so many different cars.

I like anything with an engine that I can work on. A 'Cuda (somewhere between 67-74) is my next goal. Rebuilt the engine and trans on a 67 Thunderbird in high school, built the 5.2L supercharged V engine in my first pickup truck, and am working on my 08 Tacoma trail rig. Plus the scion tC and a few acuras and hondas along the way.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot

Cruise06.jpg

Sexy Ray!

My Dialy driver is a GLI with a small 2.0 Turbo Direct Injection. It has around 285 HP and 320 FT-LBS at just around 3000 RPM... Its pretty fun to drive... And it gets about 27 MPG around here... I dont have a toy yet, but I am considering something even more fun.... Maybe a Miata with a LS2 in it.. LOL!

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Ehhh...Yellow isn't my thing- but that's why so many companies make so many different cars.

I like anything with an engine that I can work on. A 'Cuda (somewhere between 67-74) is my next goal. Rebuilt the engine and trans on a 67 Thunderbird in high school, built the 5.2L supercharged V engine in my first pickup truck, and am working on my 08 Tacoma trail rig. Plus the scion tC and a few acuras and hondas along the way.

Well, the yellow is the original color and I agree that very few cars look good in yellow. Corvette, Viper, Lambo. That is probably about it. Only body mod is an 80-82 rear bumper.