• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Donating

Srtitan89

I was wondering if the Navy cares whether or not I donate blood and/or plasma at city centers. Anyone have an answer?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the OP is several years away from that. Donate away!

Brett

How much do you get? $20...$30....just don't do it every week...

I knew a guy who made a lot of coin going through college by hitting the "Bank" for a deposit of "Drain Babies" once a week. And he was the first one to say "Yup, I made $400 this month with a smile."

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
You can donate blood in a flight status. But you are down for 4 days and can not land aboard a ship for 2 months I think? Not positive on the time that you are down.

Edit here is the correct info from 3710.

8.3.2.11 Blood Donation.​
Although blood
donated in small quantities is quickly replaced and does
not adversely affect ground activities, the hazards of
hypoxia and reduced barometric pressure make it
desirable to limit such donations by flight personnel in
accordance with the following:
a. Flight personnel shall not be regular blood
donors.
b. Flight personnel in combat or flying in a shipboard
environment shall not donate blood within
4 weeks prior to such flying.
c. Flight personnel shall not participate in flight
duties or perform low-pressure chamber runs for
4 days following donation of 450 cc of blood
(1 pint).

KC130FE

Livin' the Life!

I knew a guy who made a lot of coin going through college by hitting the "Bank" for a deposit of "Drain Babies" once a week. And he was the first one to say "Yup, I made $400 this month with a smile."

Any side effects from the overbite, carpal tunnel, and squinting?
carp_tunl_big_05.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

With sperm banks now being successfully sued by mothers/adult children to break anonymity/confidentiality agreements of donors under the guise of the child's right to the donor's medical history, it's just a matter of time before the courts entertain paternity suits and start making judgments for child support. A $400 check today is not worth the liability of possibly having to pay child support down the road. Do not donate your sperm - use a cruise sock.

Brett