• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does a Private Pilot's License help one to get a seat at flight school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggieFlyer07

Howdy from Texas A&M! This is my first post here on the airwarriors forum.

I am in the OCS application process, however, my college GPA is a little low. I am shooting for a Naval Aviators seat at flight school, I don't care what I fly, its the opportunity to be an officer and get flight time that interests me.

I currently hold a civilian private pilot's license with 125 hours (VFR) and a few hours "under the hood". My question is:

Will it help my paperwork, and how much weight will it have on the paperwork process to get selected for a pilot position?

I've been reading about OCS and studying for the ASTB about 2 hours per day, and all I can say is that I'm motivated.

Thanks for any replies, and I look forward to conversing with you all.

-JP

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Howdy from Texas A&M! This is my first post here on the airwarriors forum.

I am in the OCS application process, however, my college GPA is a little low. I am shooting for a Naval Aviators seat at flight school, I don't care what I fly, its the opportunity to be an officer and get flight time that interests me.

I currently hold a civilian private pilot's license with 125 hours (VFR) and a few hours "under the hood". My question is:

Will it help my paperwork, and how much weight will it have on the paperwork process to get selected for a pilot position?

I've been reading about OCS and studying for the ASTB about 2 hours per day, and all I can say is that I'm motivated.

Thanks for any replies, and I look forward to conversing with you all.

-JP
Maybe and Maybe. Use the search function on the top bar of the website because you are about to get flamed for not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.