• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Documentation

Python

pilot
Contributor
Hey everybody,

I'm getting PRK on Monday 12/17 and I'm still a little confused on what I need as far as documentation is concerned for the waiver. What does the doctor need to sign and what do I need to take away? Can anybody share from personal experience?

Thanks.

MettGT

pilot
When you've completed the necessary wait (3 or 6 months depending on your vision pre-op), get a copy off all your records and take it with you when you do your flight physical. As with all medical documents, make sure you have reserve copies for yourself if (when) they get lost along the way.

buzni

Old thread, but asks a good question.

Can anyone confirm the above is accurate? Do you need to bring your civilian doc any Navy documents pre-operation? Couldn't find anything saying this in NOMI literature and it would seem weird... what if you had PRK done before ever intending to join the Navy?

I plan on taking a copy of the NOMI visual acuity and PRK guidelines so he knows if I'm a good candidate and asking the doc to please make detailed notes and make copies of any document relevant to the surgery.

Will this be enough to get a waiver?