• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do they still do this?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Surprised the fun police haven't caught up with that one yet.

How dare you do something fun on an aircraft carrier! Don't you know that life on the boat is a zero sum game? Your only enjoyment shall be derived from taking away others' enjoyment... that goes double if you're a SWO.

;)

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Surprised the fun police haven't caught up with that one yet.

How dare you do something fun on an aircraft carrier! Don't you know that life on the boat is a zero sum game? Your only enjoyment shall be derived from taking away others' enjoyment... that goes double if you're a SWO.

;)
I was thinking about the whales…what if those boots hit a whale? If a whale accidentally ingested my combat boots it would die from toxic shock.

SAVE THE WHALES!

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I was thinking about the whales…what if those boots hit a whale? If a whale accidentally ingested my combat boots it would die from toxic shock.

SAVE THE WHALES!
What is this animal called a "whale?" Are you sure you're not confusing it with a shark or a dolphin? I think you are...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I felt a disturbance in the force...as if a thousand PRCs suddenly cried out...
View attachment 39982
(2nd image from the article)

Did someone actually waste a perfectly good pair of Red Wings instead of launching their trash pair of issued Bellevilles?
Either way, hilarious to see these boots on that flight deck in a news story.
Safety-O came by with Handler. They reminded the Shooter they are out of regs, not FOD free, and must be terminated.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
View attachment 39982

Did someone actually waste a perfectly good pair of Red Wings instead of launching their trash pair of issued Bellevilles?
During a recent AMI (we have a small I Level GSE shop), I reminded the AMMT lead of VADM Whitesell's courageous decision to be photographed as he emerged from a T-6 while wearing Red Wings, thus ending the decades-long prohibition against these fine American-made aviator boots. Not all heroes wear capes. :D

robav8r

None
Contributor
View attachment 39982

Good observation - can’t say I disagree with you 😁

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Boots boots boots...

For years Bellevilles were the only authorized flight boots in the Army. Then, Rocky finally got there's approved. THEN, the Army switched to the Coyote brown color boots, which when faded from use looked the same color as the old tan boot. :confused:The Coyote brown Rockys were not approved. It took almost 18 months for them to be approved. In the mean time, we were supposed to wear the Bellevilles. They really hurt my feet. (I ended up service connected for pes planus plantar faciitis and calcaneal spurs.)

We had a smart ass copilot (PI) who NEVER could progress who would use whatever means, related or not, to bash IPs. He went after my Rocky boots. I actually had to put a pair of Bellevilles in my office and hide them when I went flying (without him) so he would think I wasn't wearing the Rockys. I still have an unused, pristine pair of Bellevilles in my closet. I won't even wear them working in the yard or hiking. After 26 years of wearing flight boots, I would advise anyone to do what they can to wear comfortable, properly fitting boots. My feet still hurt, despite using $300+ custom 3D printed orthotic inserts.

This ends my short threadjack on Belleville boots.

Look closely at the attached picture of said PI.

Attachments

• IMAG00422.jpg
    IMAG00422.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 44