• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do SNA's Have to live in th BOQ at Whiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappu411

Naval Aviator
what is the deal with the SNA's coming into Milton within the next few months, is there any way out of the BOQ? One guy told me to say that I have a really big dog.... is this true, i think that they would see thru this.... someone help?!?!?!?!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As of now, you have to live in the Q. This was confirmed a couple weeks ago by LT D. down here in Pensacola, and there's a big sign on the front desk of the NAS P-cola BOQ informing you of it too. The only way out is to have signed a lease x number or months or weeks before the date on your orders or some such; don't know the details.

If it's any consolation, I helped move a buddy of mine into the Q up there, and the rooms aren't bad (aside from being in the middle of nowhere that is:tongue2_1).

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aye yai yai. And to think 6 months ago they were telling us the Q draft would be over in 2 months. . .

Rotorhead

Suck it up. You'll do better if youre forced to live in the middle of nowhere and have nothing left to do but study. Sacrifice now, and you just may end up with what you want on selection day.

kappu411

Naval Aviator
wow that is too bad, i was hoping to live off base... so what is the q at whiting like, cuz the ones at NAS pensacola are frigin tiny.... i saw one of them last week, this made me start lookin into what the living situation will be soon, im sur ethat the q is nice, but i really dont wann lose my bah...i have seen a few places in that area for 400-500, so anyway , maybe someone knows what that place is like (as far as rooms and stuff)... thanks

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Milton blows chunks, so living off base won't be that much more fun (we were the first AMDO class at Whiting). However, there was a pretty good sportsbar on the "main strip" of milton that had a 25cent wing special on Tuesdays...anyone know what the name of that place is? I can't remember for the life of me.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
We were down in the transit rooms, which were basically a one bedroom apt. You walked in, there was the living room/kitchen, and a bedroom. However, since we were only there for 10 weeks, we had 2 TVs, a mini-stereo and all that good stuff. I think you're responsible for setting up your own cable, etc.

From what I have heard from other pilots is that the Q at Whiting is nicer than the one at P-cola. The gym is decent, and pretty convienent if you live at the Q.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IMHO Whiting and P-cola both have a pretty nice Q, although I haven't lived in Whiting's yet, only helped someone else move in. As far as sucking it up, I definitely didn't mean to come across as lazy. That's exactly my plan, to stay in the Q and study my butt off to get my 1st pick. I was just being a little tongue-in-cheek since I know the draft rubs some people the wrong way.

Anyhow, the permanent room I saw at Whiting was similar in design to Mainside Pensacola. The kitchenette has a little more space and a bar dividing it from the living room. It's still the same basic theme, living room w/ kitchenette and bedroom w/ attached head. The bedroom had a really cool bookshelf; wish I had one of those down here. I don't remember if there's an in-unit washer and dryer like Pensacola. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.