• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do I have a shot at SNA?

zacharyj53

ASTB: 6/6/7 and OAR of 52.

I have an undergrad from Embry-Riddle in Aeronautics with a 3.2 GPA. I will have a MBA from Alabama with a concentration in financial engineering with a 3.6 GPA in May. I have my pilots license. I did 5 years of enlisted side in the USMC and got out as an E-5. Will have good recs and what not.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
magic8ball.jpeg

Stats seem in line with people around here...good luck.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Uh...apply? What can go wrong? Looks like you could easily get an SNA contract on the Green Side, if you want...

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Stats seem good to me, I say go for it.

Whoa...Deja vu ;)

The best advice anyone can give you is Apply early, Apply often, Apply until you are accepted. So go get started on your paperwork! Apply!!! If you're worried about passing up a civillian job and not getting accepted...well, you can always apply again.

Bottom line: It is never a sure thing, it depends on too many factors like who else has submitted a package for that particular board and what their stats are. But, you have a competitive app, and if you want to give it a shot, then do it. If you commit yourself to getting a pilot slot, you can get one, even if you have to apply several times.

No one on this board will tell you that you're stats guarantee you a slot the first time you apply for one, it just isn't true. On the other hand, pretty much everyone will tell you that you've got a good shot at it.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
ASTB: 6/6/7 and OAR of 52.

I have an undergrad from Embry-Riddle in Aeronautics with a 3.2 GPA. I will have a MBA from Alabama with a concentration in financial engineering with a 3.6 GPA in May. I have my pilots license. I did 5 years of enlisted side in the USMC and got out as an E-5. Will have good recs and what not.

None of that stuff matters until you make it through OCS. Do that first.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you spoke to an Officer Recruiter yet? If you haven't do not go down to the local USN recruiters office. They will tell you to go enlisted first. Here's a handy link.

You can not wait much longer with your age to go SNA.

zacharyj53

Have you spoke to an Officer Recruiter yet? If you haven't do not go down to the local USN recruiters office. They will tell you to go enlisted first. Here's a handy link.

You can not wait much longer with your age to go SNA.

Yes I have spoken with him. He thinks with my scores and overall package I should be pretty competitve. Was just looking for more opinions is all.

mts4602

Big Iron:

I tried your link. The link to officer application does not work for me, though it might just be my computer. Do I need any of those forms or will the recruiter have them all. I was just curious as to what you gave the link for, or what someone should do with it?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Yes I have spoken with him. He thinks with my scores and overall package I should be pretty competitve. Was just looking for more opinions is all.

I think you are competitive from those that I have seen apply. Just apply as soon as you can.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Big Iron:

I tried your link. The link to officer application does not work for me, though it might just be my computer. Do I need any of those forms or will the recruiter have them all. I was just curious as to what you gave the link for, or what someone should do with it?

They must have removed the application from the page. The page is for recruiters, but it is a public website and will give an applicant some level of situational awareness of the process.

zacharyj53

Took a step closer today as I passed my flight physical in P'Cola. Well so long as I am not HIV positive or have done drugs, which I haven't. Started my application on March 28 and it will shipped to the board tomorrow for the April board which starts next Thursday. In all I will have 7 LORs, from 4 professors, a Lt. Cmdr, a Navy Lt. Pilot, and a CEO of a bank. Man I am hoping I get this.