• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DLAB

kayesjay

I'm a second-tour SWO, and I took the DLAB today and scored a 140, which I'm finding out is a decent score. I know the Olmsted Program requires you to submit a DLAB score, and I believe PEPs too. What other opportunities can I pursue with a DLAB score?

IRfly

None
140 is indeed a good score, but the DLAB is a minor component of most program applications--either you meet the threshold or you don't. Congrats, you're eligible to be assigned to study any language on the planet.

But you've asked the wrong question...The correct question is, "What do you want to do with your life and career?" You can at least be secure in the knowledge that your DLAB score will not limit your options.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another question to ask... do I want to be a staff puke for the rest of my career?

kayesjay

I don't even know if I'm going to sign up for DH tour yet. I was just wondering about the options because the lady at the Navy College Office said the score would make me eligible to learn any language- as you've also said. But I know I can't just go over to DLI and start learning Chinese or whatever.

swerdna

None
Contributor
A DLAB score of 140 will meet the minimum requirement to attend any language training. They're tiered based on difficulty to native English speakers, so Spanish is somewhere around 95 while Arabic is much higher.

I was selected for PEP before taking the DLAB, and I don't think having a high score is going to really help you very much. If you want to get selected for an Olmstead Scholarship you're going to need good FITREPS and really good grades in college.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
My DLAB was near yours and I got picked up for Olmsted without language restrictions. You have an excellent score man. Don't worry about that part of your application!