• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Disney's Armed Forces Salute

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shades of green is a great deal as well. We recently stayed there and I was presently surprised, I had pictured the pool at Brushwood on caddy day but that was not the case.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

I was a bit disappointed with Shades of Green, not with the actual resort but with some of the people staying there. I called there directly a little while ago and they had no room, fortunately MWR was able to get me a room. When I got there I saw a whole lot of people that had never been in the military, or never could be, running around. It wasn't just a few people either, it seemed like a majority of the people there though I may be mistaken, since they were usually more obvious. A common theme was three generations of a family all in a group, with what appeared to be 'Grandpa' (retired military) with his kids and grandkids in tow.

Now why would have an issue with this? These families would take up 3 or 4 rooms, often camping outside them at all hours like it was their own personal trailer park, making the hallways and other parts of the hotel an obstacle course . I asked the staff if there was a limit to the number of rooms that one military member could reserve and several said it was 4 or 5 rooms.

So I am all for having a place set aside for military members and their families, but there has to be a bit of reason when letting people utilize it. Letting one guy drag 15 members of his extended family there, taking up room from legitimate military families, is just not right. I am also not too keen on letting DoD civilians and contractors utilize the place too, which they can. And that is as a current civil servant.

//End Rant

propwife

Witty User Title Goes Here
For those considering Shades of Green, check rates for the All Stars resort(s).

The accomodations are nice and twice we compared rates with Shades of Green (resulting in the cost being the same!).

We went with the All Stars Resort, as BOTH times Shades of Green could not guarantee our room.. avoided the aggravation!

We have family in Orlando, so we'll likely stay with them this round..

Great program!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
FYI, Shades of Green also has a good bar (in the hotel) that's (was) open until 2.

BourneID

pilot
If you plan on Taking advantage of this, check out AFVC(Armed Forces Vacation Club) for resorts in the Disney Area, $329 for a week even beats SOG's rates.

Contact for Disney arrangements

If you need any clarification or help in planning your Disney trip contact Alyson (Alyson @ WDWTravel. com) She is great and can take care of EVERYTHING for you!! She is a Military family as well so knows all the ins and outs of Disney and this deal!! Tell her I sent you!!!

Chris

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Very nice, thanks for bumping this up. Living in Orlando I can definitely make use of this. They are also doing a 'free on your birthday' deal (for Disney World at least), so mixing the two me and my girlfriend can both get in.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Why do I get the feeling that Tokyo Disney doesn't offer the same discounts? I think there used to be a deal with the New Sanno Hotel where you could get a small discount at the gate, but... dirt cheap/free tickets... looks like I miss out.

S.O.B.

pilot
If you plan on Taking advantage of this, check out AFVC(Armed Forces Vacation Club) for resorts in the Disney Area, $329 for a week even beats SOG's rates.

The only thing here is you wouldn't get the extra hours in the parks for staying at a resort hotel. Not a huge deal, but typically a couple of hours longer in the evenings and maybe an hour in the morning.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
The only thing here is you wouldn't get the extra hours in the parks for staying at a resort hotel. Not a huge deal, but typically a couple of hours longer in the evenings and maybe an hour in the morning.

An additional perk to staying at SOG is free parking at the Disney Parks (Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios) since you are considered to be staying at a "Disney Resort". Just one more thing const-effective consideration depending on how long you will be there.

KBayDog

An additional perk to staying at SOG is free parking at the Disney Parks (Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios) since you are considered to be staying at a "Disney Resort". Just one more thing const-effective consideration depending on how long you will be there.

Good gouge.

As far as Disneyland (Anaheim) goes, there are numerous non-Disney hotels within walking distance of the park (along Harbor Blvd and Katella Ave). Depending on when you visit, you can find rooms for less than $50 a night, leave your car at the hotel, and walk across the street to the park.

It's one way to save $12 ($17 if you bring your Puma) on your next visit to the Tragic Kingdom.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously, it you haven't contacted Alyson yet do so!! She does not charge any fees and can help you with everything!!

Why so hard up? Will she go out with you if you refer 5 of your 'friends' to her or something?