• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Difference between Forms 3, 4, and 5

shutout39

pilot
I took Form 4 today (6/7/7 52) and the general idea I have is that it has given people the most difficulty. I read one person post Form 3 is "cake-walk" compared to 4. Just was looking to get a concentrated feel of what others thought of the different forms before I decide to retake it.

After taking form 4, I thought my best sections were math, verbal, and mechanical - whereas I thought I struggled on aviation knowledge....but apparently this wrong based on the breakdown of the scores. I finished all sections with plenty of time.

Edit: I suppose it wouldn't hurt to hear what similarities you noticed between both, as well.

ami5015

I took form 4 and scored a 7/8/7 56.. I thought math was my worst section. I didn't think it was hard I just didn't do a great job of time management and had to guess on a few at the end. The consensus seems to be that form 3 is the easiest which is why I was considering re taking but my recruiter pretty much shot that down. If you want to improve on the aviation section I suggest Gleim's private pilot test prep CD. It pretty much covers all the questions on weather/flight controls/pressure/altitude/airport operations, etc.

shutout39

pilot
Form 4: I thought that there were some tricky questions where the wording wasn't straightforward. I also thought the aviation supplement was much more detailed that any study guide can prepare you for. If I had more time to study, I would have invested some in the FAA handbook.

Math was apparently much worse than I thought based on my AQR and OAR. I thought I was good with exception to 2-3. Verbal I thought was a joke, and mechanical wasnt too bad either. I remember hitting the head on my break thinking I was doing great. Yet my OAR of 52 would make me think otherwise....maybe I made some simple mistakes because of nerves is all I can think.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Took form 5 today; 7/8/8, 55.

The math section was my worst; I ran out of time with about 4 questions left. For the record math and I have never gotten along. The questions weren’t that hard, it’s just been about 5 years since I have done any sort of math above really basic stuff, and I was a shitty math student in HS and college.

All of the other sections were a breeze comparatively. The supplement section was 90% aviation/nautical with the rest being mechanical, reading and math. The only questions that threw me were a few FAA questions. I think there were 3 or 4 of them. But other than that, no questions from right field to blind side you.

First time taking the test and I don’t plan on re-taking. As far as studying goes; took the test today, studied haphazardly this weekend. I just used the gouge available from this site as well as an old ARCO book, 4th or 5th edition I think.

Hope this helps.

6bt

Had form 4 today. Only was unsure on about 1-2 math questions, mech engineering major but honestly I haven't done simple algebra in forever so I forgot how to do a couple things. Verbal was a bit harder for me, but I think I got most. My aviation supplement section was a bunch of math again???

They sent mine out to Florida to be graded??? Anyone ever heard of this?

marathonman

I took form 3 the first time and got a 56. Thought it was pretty good but was told to retest. Took for 4 and went down to a 47. It was a real punch in the gut. Taking it for the last time in 3 weeks, scoured these boards for all types of gouge, so hopefully this time around I can get it back to where my score was originally. Keeping my fingers crossed that form 5 isn't as tough as I felt form 4 was.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I asked this in another thread but on form 4 the last section (Aviation supplemental) was all Math. Did anyone else have this experience on that form too? Math is not my strong suit so I'm a bit worried about how I did on that.

jpa140

I took form 3 the first time and got a 56. Thought it was pretty good but was told to retest. Took for 4 and went down to a 47. It was a real punch in the gut. Taking it for the last time in 3 weeks, scoured these boards for all types of gouge, so hopefully this time around I can get it back to where my score was originally. Keeping my fingers crossed that form 5 isn't as tough as I felt form 4 was.

any updates on what you scored on form 5?