• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DH Opportunity

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Legal hold, do not promote is one thing, but a board can’t consider a matter that is not adjudicated. That’s not fair to the individual who may be acquitted.
No one should disagree with this. But not the case here. This slimeball was convicted 10 years ago. It has been a part of his record for 10 years. The board should know about that or his name removed from the list.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Legal hold, do not promote is one thing, but a board can’t consider a matter that is not adjudicated. That’s not fair to the individual who may be acquitted.

Yes, but last I checked the DH board only went to the CNO approval level not Congress, so it’s with in the services capability to deferred selection until future boards. Non-punitive and does not take away from an officer’s career while letting the best and fully qualified compete. Not that it matters for some communities given current manning anyways.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Detailer: “Is this guy gonna answer my email or what?! Trying to finalize the slate, and I gotta know if he’s turning it down or not.”

Nearby buddy: “Dude, isn’t that guy in jail? Probably why he hasn’t responded.”

Placement Officer: “Doesn’t matter. He took the bonus.”

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
“Someone go down to the brig and see if he’s good with May/June orders.”
Isn't there some kind of TGPS class for when you get out of prison? And are there open quotas in April or May classes and is there TAD money for I stops this quarter?

Better yet, is there an online version on NKO? Scratch that- this guy is definitely not allowed internet access.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No one should disagree with this. But not the case here. This slimeball was convicted 10 years ago. It has been a part of his record for 10 years. The board should know about that or his name removed from the list.

He was sentenced earlier this year to 10 years in prison, not 10 years ago.

HuggyU2

None
I'm... ... just embarrassed that this crack exists.
Agreed.

Brett you are entirely correct that the board is doing exactly what it should. But this isn't the 1980's, information technology has changed dramatically, and this is simply an indicator of how far behind the military is in a multitude of areas. If the military was running the banks, we would still be flying checks around the country every night.

Rather than post a 10 paragraph rant of examples, I'll just push the keyboard back.

It's 2019, and time for us to catch up and stop looking so incompetent when it can easily be avoided. Perceptions matter.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"The current system works just fine" is not as bad as "That's how we've always done it"...

.. but that thought process is an impediment to innovation, improvement, and advancement.
Said another way, what problem are we trying to correct? The fact that an outlier case triggers some clown at Navy Times to write a piece worthy of the Weekly World News is not a good reason to change a process that works as intended 99.99 percent of the time.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Brett - you’re being an oxygen thief here. It was a funny, and somewhat sensational article. The fact that he was selected for a DH slot is fucked up. And you know it. Not every response needs to be a lecture about how great the “system” is and how tempered and measured your viewpoint is.

FFS this is the interwebs ?