• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployment video causing heat for Enterprise Skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So who exactly released the videos...the videographer that made them???

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
It's not like is was a secret. It was broadcast throughout the ship on a near weekly basis and he was promoted to Skipper of the E. Sounds like he may be the first victim of the repeal of DADT.

On a side note, where does an XO of a CV get the time to do something like that?

What else does he have to do after cleaning stations while awaiting the man overboard drill? It looks like he used the MCs in media to make the videos, so any number of people could have access. i guess from now on there will probably be no more follies.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
With all due respect and IMMHO,

Not really, as in the case with the Nazis and the Germen Army it started first with the Hitler oath and the Nuremberg laws, and went downhill from there pretty fast. And I am aware that the anti semitic attitudes was there long before Hitler came to power.

Who is going to be next that will be punished by the over zealous PC crowed?

Godwin's law has finally reached its apotheosis here. Seriously? Are the granolas going to be packing up all those non-PC "warriors" out there and hauling them away in boxcars to get gassed to death and cremated? The slippery slope argument only takes one so far. Let's drop this line of reasoning.

1. You're not as smart as you think you are, are you ??? To repeat: your personal integrity. You DO have some ... don't you ???

Fuck your 'culture' ... it changes w/ the trade-winds. I drew a line in the sand w/ my NAVAIR sword, I got out, so did most of my contemporaries. And we were better for it. We were our 'own' men ... not whores to a paycheck and something we didn't believe in ...

If the 'culture' of the day was the Nazi party (or any other 'culture' ... 'Nazi' used merely for illustration) ... would YOU join ... Markie ???

Maybe we think of these words having different meanings. You didn't like the way the military was going, so you got out. Sounds like you did the same thing millions of Americans do every year. "This place sucks to work in, so I'm getting another job." There's not a thing wrong with that, but it's far from some high-minded act.

Integrity has to do with honesty and honor. Throw the integrity card around too much and it loses its value. Sort of like when the crafty NCO puts every minor complaint up as a "safety violation." Sorry, but having to skip lunch sucks, but it's not unsafe. Go back to work. To be devil's advocate, who is showing more "integrity?" (I'd use the term "honor") The guy who serves his country through good and bad times in the service, or the guy who bolts when things don't go his way?

exhelodrvr

pilot
There are plenty of lessons, but one lesson everyone should learn is always be careful what you put on film. I've personally seen two careers destroyed because of someone filming something that was hilarious when everyone was drunk or away from homeplate, but on Monday morning superiors were not amused.

And emails and texts.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The shits in the video was pretty fucking funny. I'd hate for any gays to hate on the video because of it, but me, I could care less and thought that it shed a little relief into a long and at times shitty cruise. Anyone who looks in from the outside should go pound sand and fuck off.

Oooops, I just cursed....sue me.

CAPT Honors is getting railroaded, plain and simple. I'd hate for a man that can order a ship to go fucking bomb a place back into oblivion say a few "bad" words, because lord knows we all need to be warrior monks and can't ever have a "naughty" thought.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
^^I don't know...I thought most of that shit was pretty fucking stupid, and anyone that HASN'T been on a deployment (about 99.9% of taxpayers, my wife included) now think the Navy is a little more retarded.

The Capt. seems like a cool dude, and obviously had the go-ahead from his boss as long as he made sure to add his little disclaimers about the CoC in there...but what an ignorant thing to ruin an otherwise illustrious career over.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
^^I don't know...I thought most of that shit was pretty fucking stupid, and anyone that HASN'T been on a deployment (about 99.9% of taxpayers, my wife included) now think the Navy is a little more retarded.

But who cares? The overwhelming majority haven't even been in the military to begin with so not only are they not going to understand deployments, but they don't understand the monotony/boredom/separation/etc that people in the military go through. If they think the Navy is a little more retarded, so be it, but people letting off steam (even an O-6 in this case) is a non-issue that someone is trying to blow up into one.

das

Contributor
But who cares? The overwhelming majority haven't even been in the military to begin with so not only are they not going to understand deployments, but they don't understand the monotony/boredom/separation/etc that people in the military go through. If they think the Navy is a little more retarded, so be it, but people letting off steam (even an O-6 in this case) is a non-issue that someone is trying to blow up into one.

I think the problem is that the Navy is missing an opportunity to tell its story...and I don't mean trying to "explain this away", but it's missing an opportunity to turn a "negative" into a positive. It's not about the videos...it's about a missed opportunity.

m26

Contributor
CAPT Honors is getting railroaded, plain and simple. I'd hate for a man that can order a ship to go fucking bomb a place back into oblivion say a few "bad" words, because lord knows we all need to be warrior monks and can't ever have a "naughty" thought.

I don't care about the language.

I can't wrap my head around how the XO could get two female sailors to reenact a scene from girls gone wild on camera without multiple bad idea alarms going off. On what level would it be acceptable for an XO to say, "Hey sailors, I want you head to the showers and soap each other up. I'll bring my camera." ??

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
All of this political correctness makes me gag. We have dudes getting their legs and arms blown off almost daily over here and people have their little panties in a wad about a 3-4 year old video of an XO trying to keep the morale of his sailors up with bathroom humor. Retarded. If you don’t think it’s fucking funny, don’t fucking watch it. I just wish big Navy (including his chain of command at the time) would grow a backbone and stand up for him. Of course they’re not going to…they are more concerned about their next star. They’re gonna stab him in the back all in the name of political correctness.

Disgusting.

my 2 pogs, er, ¢

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
UH OH...Standby...And DON'T QUOTE ON FACEBOOK!

Well, it's now official:

Navy Captain to Lose Command Over Videos

(This is "new" news...an AP report cited Pentagon officials as saying CAPT Owen will be relieved of duty before Enterprise departs. An official announcement is expected later today.)

Oh dear -> the quote in the paper about "why no officers...raised questions about them when they were made and shown."

-AND-

The following is NOT an official PAO statement and another reason to be careful on Facebook groups!! :bigeyes_1
"This guy was great and no one was offended. I support and loved the videos” wrote RM, (Actual quote and real name withheld, but real name and quote stated in the newspaper story :bigeyes_1:bigeyes_1:bigeyes_1!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.