• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployment video causing heat for Enterprise Skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Or John S. McCain, Sr., who was 52 when he earned his Wings of Gold....

nevermind, I see Nimitz being the only one who was Court-Martialed at age 22.

phrogpilot73

Had NAMI existed back then, wonder if he would have made it past them?
Probably not, although Halsey did opt for the "full program" which lasted... TWELVE WEEKS. Something tells me it wasn't just angled flight decks and NATOPS that brought that curve down...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Slow your roll, son.

You shall never blame IPA for anything.

Try this: "That post was enhanced by the hoppy aroma and delightfully bitter taste of the IPA." :icon_zbee

And all the extra vitamin B6 in the hops improves circulation. :)

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyone besides MB, HAL, Pickles, and fedoc can tell me my real name in a PM I'll give rep. (and mods don't count) ea6b you have my last name wrong. close but wrong, and good source that is me.
It took me 5 mins to get your real name, using simple tools available on the internet.

And let me just say what an honor it is to have you on this forum, Gen. Petraeus.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I find it hilarious that anyone thinks there is any type of anonymity on the internet. Some say that being on this web forum is much better than being on FB, et. al, but with the right tools and a few minutes of work anyone can be found. Even if stuff is protected, people with enough determination will find a way to get the info.

The only way to be anonymous on the internet is to not be on the internet. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either ignorant or a fool.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
I find it hilarious that anyone thinks there is any type of anonymity on the internet. Some say that being on this web forum is much better than being on FB, et. al, but with the right tools and a few minutes of work anyone can be found. Even if stuff is protected, people with enough determination will find a way to get the info.

The only way to be anonymous on the internet is to not be on the internet. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either ignorant or a fool.

Right. Just like professional thieves can get your car or into your house. Doesn't mean you avoid owning a car or take turns with your wife standing watch all night in case somebody tries to break in.

I'm not saying to roam the internet in ignorant bliss, but if you are reasonably careful, you can avoid most pitfalls. Just like thieves who steal from cars and houses with the doors and windows unlocked, most internet predators pick the low hanging fruit. Be reasonably careful and your fruit will sit up just a little bit higher. You don't have to be the highest fruit, just don't be the lowest.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Right. Just like professional thieves can get your car or into your house. Doesn't mean you avoid owning a car or take turns with your wife standing watch all night in case somebody tries to break in.

I'm not saying to roam the internet in ignorant bliss, but if you are reasonably careful, you can avoid most pitfalls. Just like thieves who steal from cars and houses with the doors and windows unlocked, most internet predators pick the low hanging fruit. Be reasonably careful and your fruit will sit up just a little bit higher. You don't have to be the highest fruit, just don't be the lowest.

I agree completely. I'm just pointing out that there seems to be a disparity on some opinions between website like FB and web forums (which there is to a degree) but if someone really wanted to know who you are, they could find out.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Be reasonably careful and your fruit will sit up just a little bit higher. You don't have to be the highest fruit, just don't be the lowest.
That's what she said . . . :)

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
The Navy sure has come a long way since the days of Commodore Bainbridge.

How many times would he have been fired in today's navy?

/History nerd

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
.... Just like professional thieves can get your car or into your house. Doesn't mean you avoid owning a car ....

Your anagogy is off. Rather I should suggest: Just becasue professional thieves can get into your car or house sans keys does not mean you should leave your keys out front of your house with a big sign attesting "Here are the keys to the house".

MY point it not to avoid FB, rather, only put on FB what you would put in an open forum. Simply put I know folks that are putting some very personal stuff on the site, claiming, believing it is safe and secure, a very foolish proposition. My FB name is Willy Wonka. I have little there, but using FB I can look at some very foolish posts. Use it to your advantage, not potential harm. Just my .02c worth. Oh, and I would add: Be careful of the WWW. Lot of nasty folk around, yet the WWW does have it's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.