• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dental Letter

E6286

OCC 191 Select
For OCS, our letter needs to say we had our teeth cleaned in the last year right, not six months?

Anything else it needs to state?

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I don't even remember a dental exam being given at OCS. They wouldn't even take my teeth x-rays.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
There isn't a dental exam at OCS from what I gather but according to my OSO you need a letter from your dentist saying you had your teeth cleaned. I just wanted to make sure it was within one year rather than within six months bc I have had them cleaned in the last 8 months.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
E6286 said:
I just wanted to make sure it was within one year rather than within six months bc I have had them cleaned in the last 8 months.
well it sounds like you are due for a cleaning aren't ya???:icon_tong

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Eh, it will be 7 months when I ship and I don't have any problems (never have) so I figure no need gettin em cleaned last min. before I go if the requirement is only within one year.

PLCOSU

You need a letter (usually the OSO provides a template) stating that you have no adverse dental carries or conditions. They want a confirmation from your dentist that you wont have any problems with your teeth while at OCS.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Our OSO just said a letter from the dentist certifying a teeth cleaning and that our mouth is healthy with no cavities will suffice. I just have heard conflicting gouge on how recent the teeth cleaning has to be. Some say 6 months some say a year.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay, now my OSO says not to worry about anything from the dentist because I had a flight phys. with a dental screening. Now I am continuing to freak out over this. I just don't wanna get to OCS and get sent home for something stupid like not having a recent enough dental visit or a letter.

bigfish

I can always fall back on my SAW skills
pilot
My letter was a little old when I got to OCS and they just said, "Get it done at TBS, if you make it that far."

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Well the thing is my letter would be dated now, but it would reference a six month old check up, which is kinda weird to me. My OSO insists I don't need it but everyone here seems to say I do so I don't wanna get in trouble.

bigfish

I can always fall back on my SAW skills
pilot
If you're worried spend the $150 or whatever a cleaning costs, get one done and go to OCS with no worries. The bridge is bad enough, you don't need to worry about your teeth. Always better safe than sorry.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
My OSO (who I trust) told me yesterday that since I had a cleaning within the past year and have the letter to prove it, I'm good to go. On top of that, like you, I passed my dental screening at my flight physical in September, so why would they NPQ us because of our teeth? I wouldn't sweat it.

Carno

Insane
No one ever looked at my teeth when I was at OCS.

I was never told anything about getting my teeth cleaned either. When I got my flight physical the dentist told me that I needed to get a cavity filled, and I did. Although I did get the cavity filled, no one ever said anything to me about it, and I never gave anyone paperwork showing that I had it done.

The only thing my OSO cared about was the dentist at the NAS signing me off saying that I was good to go. Nothing about proving I had my teeth cleaned or what not. Maybe that's new though.