• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Delta plane engine fails, forces emergency landing

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
+1 to the first person to know which British 747 captain managed with none, and/or why? (NO GOOGLE!)

Don't remember his name, but I recall he lost all engines due to flying through a volcanic ash cloud, from an eruption somewhere around Indonesia??:confused:
BzB

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
+1 to the first person to know which British 747 captain managed with none, and/or why? (NO GOOGLE!)

Captain Eric Moody and its British Airways flight 009. The only quintuple engine failure in aviation history. (#2 failed twice.)

The plane flew through the ash cloud of a volcano. When I was in high school I did a project on volcanoes and their effects on us, and I used this incident as an example of what ash does to planes.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We had to do single engine go-arounds in the sim for the DC-10 and B-727. Fun..... Only works if you're light enough.

cblack

We had to do single engine go-arounds in the sim for the DC-10 and B-727. Fun..... Only works if you're light enough.

My uncle, who used to be a 727 F/O, was talking to me about the single engine go-arounds in the 72. He really got my attention when he started talking about pitching the nose a few degrees down at 500 ft. balls to the wall on one engine to clean up the aircraft.