• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

ricks61885

Ricks61885
Bro I'm currently in OCS Nd just a warning if you really want SNA than you don't wNt to tip toe around that age limit. There are some events that if you fail, they roll you back to the next junior class. If that happens than it sets you back 3 more weeks.
What type of events can hold you back? I am afraid if I take the earlier class date I might miss it. The air force said it could take 8 weeks to get me out and if that is the case I will completely miss out.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
What type of events can hold you back? I am afraid if I take the earlier class date I might miss it. The air force said it could take 8 weeks to get me out and if that is the case I will completely miss out.
Most common is people failing RLP (and you have to fail twice to be rolled). Next is IST, but that's for people who show up out-of-shape, since you're coming off AD you should be fine since you can obviously pass a PFA. There's also falling out on Outpost (or I guess it's like Wake-Up Friday now), if they think you're too weak they can pull you out and roll you, I've seen that happen to two people. There's also academics, but again, they'll give you a retest for each. I've only ever seen one person rolled for academics.
Last thing: If you go LLD during the first week, you're rolled automatically. Which is a total PITA, saw a few people go to H for that.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Bro I'm currently in OCS Nd just a warning if you really want SNA than you don't wNt to tip toe around that age limit. There are some events that if you fail, they roll you back to the next junior class. If that happens than it sets you back 3 more weeks.
What is OCS Nd? Are you actually at OCS which means they give you computer access?

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Persistence is key, way to keep applying. Congrats bro.
How's it going in OCS Bro??? This was actually my first OCS package submission... My CO at my previous command did not endorse my package last year, so never submitted... It's all good though cause I'm here now, and that's old news... Congrats to you as well, I remember you PMing me last year this time... Take care and keep charging Bro... See you in the Fleet as O's...

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Most common is people failing RLP (and you have to fail twice to be rolled). Next is IST, but that's for people who show up out-of-shape, since you're coming off AD you should be fine since you can obviously pass a PFA. There's also falling out on Outpost (or I guess it's like Wake-Up Friday now), if they think you're too weak they can pull you out and roll you, I've seen that happen to two people. There's also academics, but again, they'll give you a retest for each. I've only ever seen one person rolled for academics.
Last thing: If you go LLD during the first week, you're rolled automatically. Which is a total PITA, saw a few people go to H for that.
They call it "Welcome Aboard." Basically they rolled Wake Wednesday and Outpost into one day. We had a total of 6 roll from that in my class. Yeah like Tycho said all 4 PFAs, all personnel inspections (3 of them I think), Welcome Aboard, and academics are the rollable events. Also now if you miss PT 3 or 4 consecutive days because of SIQ and you are automatically rolled to H class.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
What is OCS Nd? Are you actually at OCS which means they give you computer access?
Lol oops just a typo, meant to spell "and" damn texting autocorrect. You don't get computer access till after RLP but event than it's only to restricted to .mil, .gov etc domains. The whole base is on a holiday standdown so they let us get our phones for the next 2 weeks. My class goes through RLP the week we come back :(

Kees

SNA Select

I don't know the ins-and-outs of your situation, but I had similar issues with the AF a few months ago when trying to separate to pursue the Navy route. A bit of advice: No one is going to help you like YOU will help you--be that noisy wheel and ensure your supervision/CoC understand the opportunity you have--they should be backing you up.

I was so adamant about separating that I had my Supervisor, Flight Chief, First Sergeant, and Commander working directly with MPF's Commander and APFC to get my stuff done on time--I also had retainability and orders to cancel, which is next to impossible when your AFSC is experiencing low manning.

I was completely out processed inside a few weeks, but it was an uphill battle the entire way and I had to personally hand walk everything through my CoC. I also had to schedule and orchestrate every appointment, seminar, etc. to ensure I met all pre-separation requirements. It is stressful and time consuming, but it can be done.

Best of luck to you and congrats on the FS!!!

castrozee

Thumbs down on my first ocs package... CEC/IW real downer but will give it another shot... Congrats to all that made it. Good job!

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Just spoke with my OR again... NRD Denver hasn't received any word about IW boards from CNRC. Do different NRDs get the info at different times, or could it be that Denver didn't have any IW selects this time around? And even if they didn't have selects, if selection lists are out elsewhere, shouldn't they be getting some kind of info on who DIDN'T make it at least?

exNavyOffRec

Just spoke with my OR again... NRD Denver hasn't received any word about IW boards from CNRC. Do different NRDs get the info at different times, or could it be that Denver didn't have any IW selects this time around? And even if they didn't have selects, if selection lists are out elsewhere, shouldn't they be getting some kind of info on who DIDN'T make it at least?

The email is sent out to everyone at the same time, in the past every NRD received the list regardless if that NRD had selections or not. It could be that the person it was sent to is on leave.

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"

From what I've heard the Intel boards are delaying results until after down period which is Jan 6. Sit tight, I'm in the same boat you are.