• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Thank you for the reply. I will have two terms completed after six months of waiting to re-apply. I will definitely submit at that time. My only concern is becoming needs of the navy due to my application status holding up being issued orders. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make though. I should also have two more NAMs by that point. I will continue to apply until my enlistment is up. Thank you again Sir.

If something significant changes in your application you can reapply within 6 months, completing a term is/has been considered a significant change.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec said elsewhere that Intel had messed up their numbers and had taken too many people before. He was surprised that they would hold Intel boards now before numbers got worked out. That may be part of the reason... or maybe it's just scheduling. But if they're holding IW, it may be more because of the numbers game.

DIVO was the one that had the info from the Director of OCS accessions I believe about the numbers not being finalized and that could lead to delays, this is a common occurrence this time of year when dealing with small communities.

SLH350

pilot
Not yet, he said he would be sure to let me know as soon as he heard anything. I don't want to bother the guy, but it's weird everyone else is hearing back and I feel like I'm just sitting here.
Mine said the same, and she was nice enough to pull up her work laptop last night just to check for me so I'm gonna wait patiently and pray for good news today.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
I just got a message from the OCS helpdesk and I was informed that "the IDC Board for Information Warfare only is going on now, allow 1-2 weeks for results. All other IDC Boards have been table and will be in late January, early February 2014 time frame."
I see youre applying for SWO-IW, is that part of the IW board thats going on now?

exNavyOffRec

DETERMINED15, who did you hear from? The Fleet OCS Processor told me that is FALSE and to dispel it as a rumor...

Think of how the info comes, actually the big question is who is answering the emails at OCShelpdesk? is it a processor or a program mgr? In general you can talk to 3 different NRC processors and get 3 different answers depending on how recent their info is, in general they always default to what the board schedule is until they are told other wise by PM's or the Director.

Here is a rough analogy for the AD guys, getting info on boards convening from a NRC processor is like getting info on a ship/squadron schedule from an E-5 in your division, info from a program manager is like getting it from a DH, and getting it from the Director of OCS accessions is like getting it from the CO.

Think of how the info comes, actually the big question is who is answering the emails at OCShelpdesk? is it a processor or a program mgr? In general you can talk to 3 different NRC processors and get 3 different answers depending on how recent their info is, in general they always default to what the board schedule is until they are told other wise by PM's or the Director.

Here is a rough analogy for the AD guys, getting info on boards convening from a NRC processor is like getting info on a ship/squadron schedule from an E-5 in your division, info from a program manager is like getting it from a DH, and getting it from the Director of OCS accessions is like getting it from the CO.

Thanks for the clarification NavyOffRec.

USNavyIntel

IS1 (SW/AW)

But wouldn't something as big as that be put out fairly quickly?

Cah8t6

Well I just got told my packet wasn't even submitted to any board ..... Despite what I had been told. Best of luck to everyone.

exNavyOffRec

But wouldn't something as big as that be put out fairly quickly?

You would think but no, knowing if the boards are going on or not really isn't the job of the NRC processor.

I was actually directed to the site because of the NRC processors, my guys kept getting incorrect info, things like "I heard that the NRC processor said that..." I asked where that info was rec'd and it was here, people get info from the processor and it gets posted, so I would talk to the PM and get answers like "that changed last week" or "I don't know where that info came from", shoot, the NRC processors were still taking applications for designators a few years ago that the Director said were all on hold.

USNavyIntel

IS1 (SW/AW)
You would think but no, knowing if the boards are going on or not really isn't the job of the NRC processor.

I was actually directed to the site because of the NRC processors, my guys kept getting incorrect info, things like "I heard that the NRC processor said that..." I asked where that info was rec'd and it was here, people get info from the processor and it gets posted, so I would talk to the PM and get answers like "that changed last week" or "I don't know where that info came from", shoot, the NRC processors were still taking applications for designators a few years ago that the Director said were all on hold.
Well, that sucks. Welcome to the Navy! Hopefully, it was bad gouge and the INTEL portion is actually happening.