• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

SLH350

pilot
Is there any way for us to know when the board will convene or are we just going to have results one day out of the blue?

The results from the last board got to applicants on the 23rd of October (based on posts in this thread). If we use the rough estimates Rufio provided I'd say my best guess is somewhere around the end of this month we may (hopefully) start hearing results.

halfbreed83

HECK YEAH! I got proof form a ENT that I don't have sleep apnea !!! letter went into the N3M today, hopefully it comes back medically cleared and I make it to the DEC board.

CTFly1

I may have been screwed by my CoC as far as my IW board goes. They changed my 1420.1b from IW - 1640, which is how I submitted it to them, to IW - 1840... which is actually the code for CWE. I took 1640 directly from the OPNAV. Trying to get it worked out with the OCS people now, but I'm a little frustrated. Such is life!

IDC Applicant

I may have been screwed by my CoC as far as my IW board goes. They changed my 1420.1b from IW - 1640, which is how I submitted it to them, to IW - 1840... which is actually the code for CWE. I took 1640 directly from the OPNAV. Trying to get it worked out with the OCS people now, but I'm a little frustrated. Such is life!

IW is 1810.. Should have just written Information Warfare.

CTFly1

IW is 1810.. Should have just written Information Warfare.
I did write IW as well. Kind if confused why the OPNAV and checklist don't agree on designator codes? Also don't know why the CoC did what they did. Hopefully it gets worked out. They could just select me for SNA too... that would work lol.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I did write IW as well. Kind if confused why the OPNAV and checklist don't agree on designator codes? Also don't know why the CoC did what they did. Hopefully it gets worked out. They could just select me for SNA too... that would work lol.
The 16xx codes are the old OCS designator codes for IDC. A few years back they were converted to the 18xx series codes for all of IDC with the exception of the SWO-Options which are 1160x designator codes... If you wrote Information Warfare, you should be OK...

CTFly1

The 16xx codes are the old OCS designator codes for IDC. A few years back they were converted to the 18xx series codes for all of IDC with the exception of the SWO-Options which are 1160x designator codes... If you wrote Information Warfare, you should be OK...
That's what I get for reading the OPNAV haha. The way I put it in was IW - 1640, but Mr. Williams told me today that I was up for SNA/SNFO/CWE/Intel. We'll see what happens!

exNavyOffRec

That's what I get for reading the OPNAV haha. The way I put it in was IW - 1640, but Mr. Williams told me today that I was up for SNA/SNFO/CWE/Intel. We'll see what happens!

The NRC world revolves around the codes, the non AD applicants just have numbers, so that is all they look for.

The bad part is if they already burned the CD they can't change it, but if the board sees you wrote the narrative of IW you should be ok. The CWE guys will turn your application back as you don't have a tech degree and that is required.

CTFly1

The NRC world revolves around the codes, the non AD applicants just have numbers, so that is all they look for.

The bad part is if they already burned the CD they can't change it, but if the board sees you wrote the narrative of IW you should be ok. The CWE guys will turn your application back as you don't have a tech degree and that is required.
I hope so. I feel I have a reasonable shot at the aviation boards, but I've worked IW for my enlisted career so I was hoping to have a good chance there as well. My package does speak to IW, so it would be great if the board went in that direction. Either way, my mistake to live with and learn from.

IUGUY

So, BOL is back up, has a link to check selection board status but (atleast for me) the link is not working..... Im on the ship, it could be a bad connection, anyone else having that problem>

JoJoGoHard

So, BOL is back up, has a link to check selection board status but (atleast for me) the link is not working..... Im on the ship, it could be a bad connection, anyone else having that problem>

Well you are getting further along then me... I'm not even seeing the link to check selection board status on BOL... I am also on an USS...

IUGUY

Log onto BOL, top link says (forman) aplication status...... from their it provides a link for selection boards.

JoJoGoHard

Log onto BOL, top link says (forman) aplication status...... from their it provides a link for selection boards.

Yeah, I see it and was able to initially access it, however I do not believe FORMAN is the same link that displays status of OCS boards... I've never heard of FORMAN... Google here I come...

IUGUY

Yeah, I see it and was able to initially access it, however I do not believe FORMAN is the same link that displays status of OCS boards... I've never heard of FORMAN... Google here I come...

Yeah, it has a disclaimer on there saying that the "forman" doesnt include information for selection boards and then provides a link...... the link is not working for me