• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

A$AP

None
This evening I got an email and then a phone call from my recruiter saying I'm pro rec Y for SWO! Heading down to LA for MEPS in two weeks -ish.

Excited? Yes.

Some stats:

24 years old
56 OAR
5 letters of recommendation from employers, internship supervisors, and my old BSA/ecclesiastical leader
3.3 GPA, English major, Brigham Young University
3 languages (English, Spanish, Japanese)
1 semester studying in Spain
1 semester volunteering in Argentina
2 years teaching in Japan, post-Fukushima
100+ projects as a freelance editor
Extracurriculars including Japanese fencing, ballet, and boxing

Don't know that it matters, but my father and brother are both AF officers.
Congratulations! Here's to the next step!

A$AP

None
Here is a dumb question, are results "posted" somewhere or are the results typically communicated via email or phone through recruiters?
Definitely not a dumb question-- I'm wondering the same thing. I know our recruiters will notify us but I also read on here somewhere that somebody posted that they were #90 on the list when board results were posted (for another board) and they were curious as to whether or not it was a ranking system.

exNavyOffRec

Definitely not a dumb question-- I'm wondering the same thing. I know our recruiters will notify us but I also read on here somewhere that somebody posted that they were #90 on the list when board results were posted (for another board) and they were curious as to whether or not it was a ranking system.

not a ranking system, often the names are alphabetical or placed on the list in the order the person reads the names from the board.

SLH350

pilot
not a ranking system, often the names are alphabetical or placed on the list in the order the person reads the names from the board.

Your posting here is much appreciated, otherwise I would likely be texting my recruiter every 60 seconds with questions.

exNavyOffRec

With the rolling boards we typicially find out VIA email.

That's a method that is a lot faster than how some of the older guys here found out, they had to wait for days as the pigeons flew across the country, then I am sure they were anxious as their recruiter untied the carry case from the pigeons leg and read the results. :)

CTFly1

That's a method that is a lot faster than how some of the older guys here found out, they had to wait for days as the pigeons flew across the country, then I am sure they were anxious as their recruiter untied the carry case from the pigeons leg and read the results. :)

I heard they were on a scroll in the case and all began with "All ye who shalt here these presents, greetings be unto you."

Oneil

Tranquillitas Ordinis
My recruiter said that my application is with the program manager at CNRC. What does this mean? Will my app be submitted for the next rolling board?

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I assume AD will find out via the CO before any other means?

My chain of command never got any notice. Bupers is where you will see it, unless your CCC is watching it is on you. My CO and XO were emailed my FS letter but that's pretty much the extent of their involvement.

halfbreed83

My chain of command never got any notice. Bupers is where you will see it, unless your CCC is watching it is on you. My CO and XO were emailed my FS letter but that's pretty much the extent of their involvement.
Did you already get word from this rolling board?