• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Arrival at API

TenaciousPilot

I had a quick question for anyone who may have first hand experience or heard of it. I will be graduating from OCS Dec 3rd and then heading down to P-cola. Does anyone know what I should expect for orders to P-cola as far as when they most likely will want me to report? One week, two weeks, three weeks? Also, what should I expect as far as getting leave over Christmas?

Thanks ahead of time.

Crazy8

Your orders should allow for a couple weeks of leave if you want it, but you only get two or three days of travel time before they start charging leave. I wasn't there over Christmas, but A-Poolers can usually take leave whenever they don't have appointments or IFS.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
A buddy of mine was in a similar situation. He reported down here after a a week or so of post-OCS leave, kicked around for a few days, then headed home for about two weeks during the holidays (He had the BDCP leave to burn). I believe we were given 4 travel days (including the weekend), with a report NLT 14-16 days after commissioning.

Once you're down here, you most likely will not be granted leave for the first 2-3 weeks while you get your various appointments and DIVOLC knocked out, unless there is a holiday stand down, which you can count on. Also, don't expect to wait more than a couple weeks to class up for API based on the way things are going, especially if you have your PPL.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Unless you piss someone off (drunkenly crash your lexus into a house for example), volunteer for duty, or are Jewish, I doubt you will be prevented from taking holiday leave. I don't recall a single holiday in the tracom where I wasn't given the opportunity to take leave if I wished.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
When I went through in '09, I commissioned on the 26th and had to report nlt the 17th of the following month. A lot of my OCS buds showed up the following Monday. I still don't know why they thought that might be a good idea. I showed up on the 17th after attempting to recover from OCS.

Keep in mind that it's difficult to make concrete plans with OCS. There are so many variables, you could roll for anything -- injury, sickness, DI hates you, PRT fail, etc.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I had a quick question for anyone who may have first hand experience or heard of it. I will be graduating from OCS Dec 3rd and then heading down to P-cola. Does anyone know what I should expect for orders to P-cola as far as when they most likely will want me to report? One week, two weeks, three weeks? Also, what should I expect as far as getting leave over Christmas?

Thanks ahead of time.

I graduated TBS december 10th and my orders said report the 17th. I came down here for 2 days, checked in, and then took leave until after new years. If you want leave youll get it. Theres really nothing to do here so they really wont need you unless you get in trouble and they find something for you to do.