• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dec & Jan

j2009

If the convening dates for these classes are set, does that mean the classes have already been filled with applicants? My package will be ready to send off in about 3 weeks. I was wondering when I would ship out if accepted during the January board.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Hey guys,

So I heard back from my Recruiter today and I was "NPQed" for Pilot and didn't get the Final Select, but I did get Final Select for NFO and got a Jan 18th OCS date, but I'm going to ask for an extension to Feb. Isn't color vision requirement same for both pilot and NFO? That was the biggest issue for me and I guess the Pilot board didn't wanna take a chance with me even though I had a note from a Civilian doctor after I passed the FALANT. Anyway, I'm swearing in this Thursday and going to take the NFO final select. My recruiter kept mentioning that I still have a shot at SNA if I do well in API and pass my Flight Physical. Anyway, thanks for all your help guys. Goob, thanks for all your help. I'll be contacting you later this week or next week for some golf (yes, i'll be up in bay area).

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys,

So I heard back from my Recruiter today and I was "NPQed" for Pilot and didn't get the Final Select, but I did get Final Select for NFO and got a Jan 18th OCS date, but I'm going to ask for an extension to Feb. Isn't color vision requirement same for both pilot and NFO? That was the biggest issue for me and I guess the Pilot board didn't wanna take a chance with me even though I had a note from a Civilian doctor after I passed the FALANT. Anyway, I'm swearing in this Thursday and going to take the NFO final select. My recruiter kept mentioning that I still have a shot at SNA if I do well in API and pass my Flight Physical. Anyway, thanks for all your help guys. Goob, thanks for all your help. I'll be contacting you later this week or next week for some golf (yes, i'll be up in bay area).

So your only medical issue was with your color vision? It seems odd that one board would accept it, but the other would not. Either you meet the requirements or not. Anyone have any additional insight on this?

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
yea that was my only issue. I have 20/16 vision, perfect on Depth Perception test, but failed the falant so I had to go see a civi doctor and passed the Falant there. I got a letter from the Doctor and submitted back in mid-September with my Medicals. My recruiter told me today that I was not physically qualified for Pilot but NFO community gave me a final select. I was kind of scratching my head because I thought color vision requirements were the same for SNA and SNFO...