• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dear Boss, I quit! A letter to Air Force leadership....

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I can see not wanting first names in an instructional environment, but "sir?" I don't really see what they're getting out of that.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The most salient comment you made. Get the sand out of your vajayjay and be happy.

So Sir...let me get this one right...

If, let's say due to a mass P-3 pilot extinction event...you found yourself at VT-30 as a retread stud...and some LCDR asked you to call him Sir, that wouldn't bother you a bit?

I'm thrilled to be here...hope I can help the ball club. Anyone who knows me would say that. That said, I'm not going to jerk off some IP junior to me who feels a need to "put me in my place", whatever that may be. That's a particular brand of Kool Aid I'm not going to taste. If we really want to go down that road, how about we just say proper military courtesy will be obeyed and they can start calling me Sir?

Renegade One

None
So Sir...let me get this one right...
I regret the community/society/Ready Room culture you live in, I guess. Never been there.
But...have been through the RAG/FRS experience a total of 7 times...and if the price of that ticket to another set of DIFOPS orders was that I had to click my heels and yell "Zu befell, mein flieger-kommodore!" at the end of a briefing, I think I might have done that. It was better than any alternative my non-flying peers were headed to. Guess that's all I'm saying. Be happy.
I didn't mean to come across as a douchebag...now don't you either.

busdriver

None
Sir has no place in flight or in brief/de-brief. There's no reason to boost the halo effect, no one is immune to fucking up. Once that is over, we're back in the military. That said, I have no problem with the enlisted guys calling me Maj (Insert Callsign). They're acknowledging my rank and it lets them enjoy a little bit of the camaraderie associated with our flying culture. I want them to feel like they're part of the club, because they are.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
facepalm.jpg

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Oh...and let's not forget about 7 years more time in the Navy...3 years more sea time and more flight hours by a third. Don't get me wrong...I have tons to learn from them, but get real boys.
Calling someone who is the same rank as you "sir" is nonsense. However, please don't try to compare flight hours from a different community as a dick measuring contest. It sounds like an absurd situation already.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Calling someone who is the same rank as you "sir" is nonsense. However, please don't try to compare flight hours from a different community as a dick measuring contest. It sounds like an absurd situation already.

Honestly not chest thumping, although I can see how that came across...just pointing out that I didn't fall off the turnip truck...or go to post-grad school etc...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
O-3 to O-3 should not be called sir. There is no superior rank/status in the interaction- especially amongst winged aviators.