• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

mc2010

If you estimate the same as past boards you should be in the ballpark, things don't change that much year to year. What is probably the biggest variable are the number of those that apply. In reality the number of selections don't really matter when you think about it that way, what is better 36 or 60 selections? 36 out of 100 applicants would be better than 60 out of 300 applicants.
Thanks for the insight. Do you know historically how many applicants there are?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the insight. Do you know historically how many applicants there are?
It can vary wildly from board to board, or be fairly constant due to a variety of reasons, so much so I wouldn't venture to guess. I would rather try and guess the winning lottery numbers.

It can vary wildly from board to board, or be fairly constant due to a variety of reasons, so much so I wouldn't venture to guess. I would rather try and guess the winning lottery numbers.
My board convened April 29th and it’s only one week and I just wanna know haha
They already started the clearance too. Not sure if this has been ongoing. But some contacts told me that the navy had reached out. I assume the clearance has to be over before the board convenes and decides

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They already started the clearance too. Not sure if this has been ongoing. But some contacts told me that the navy had reached out. I assume the clearance has to be over before the board convenes and decides

Unless the DCO process has changed, the clearance process isn't started until board results are out. However, I have seen some recruiters and processors start the process anyway regardless of the process or board results.

So in short, starting a clearance doesn't necessarily mean you've been selected.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Unless the DCO process has changed, the clearance process isn't started until board results are out. However, I have seen some recruiters and processors start the process anyway regardless of the process or board results.

So in short, starting a clearance doesn't necessarily mean you've been selected.
I’m tracking this thread as my wife is on this DCO Suppo cycle.

I will share that the NTAG is not processing clearances, just collecting the SF86 entry data and signatures (pre screening). The NRC monitors the clearance once adjudicated, but the command SSO at your UIC is whom pushes it out.

Most people won’t see a clearance start until your first DWE (Drill Weekend) which is often months or more after your oathe letter and commissioning. I was lucky to start my poly (1815 life) a month prior to my first DWE because my SSO/FSO Chief is a badass and she reached out to me for a RESKED opportunity (f$&kin love our Mess). Don’t worry you won’t need to worry about handling any sensitive info more than who the Jorg or Bull Ensign will be 😂

Good luck to you all! Navy is an awesome place

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang

I will share that the NTAG is not processing clearances, just collecting the SF86 entry data and signatures (pre screening). The NRC monitors the clearance once adjudicated, but the command SSO at your UIC is whom pushes it out.

Most people won’t see a clearance start until your first DWE (Drill Weekend) which is often months or more after your oathe letter and commissioning. I was lucky to start my poly (1815 life) a month prior to my first DWE because my SSO/FSO Chief is a badass and she reached out to me for a RESKED opportunity (f$&kin love our Mess). Don’t worry you won’t need to worry about handling any sensitive info more than who the Jorg or Bull Ensign will be 😂

And too add- my path might not align similar to the secret level path so take it with a grain of salt. I shoulda disclosed that in my previous post.

exNavyOffRec

I saw this happen several times and it was one of the things that would irritate my OPL as she called it a waste of money, of course she was right. The other part is when it would happen and then the person was a non-select it was a bad look, especially when the applicant thought it was a sign they were going to get selected.

I see. That makes more sense now. So the clearance is done only on the people that have been selected by the board (this makes financial sense). What happens if someone from the selectees doesn’t pass the clearance? Does the board have backup selections?

FormerRecruitingGuru

I see. That makes more sense now. So the clearance is done only on the people that have been selected by the board (this makes financial sense). What happens if someone from the selectees doesn’t pass the clearance? Does the board have backup selections?

Some communities do, most don't. I don't think supply corps does, being that this current board is taking FY-24 and FY-25 applicants, if there's an applicant that is selected but cannot continue processing, they can always move one of the FY-25 folks to 24.

mc2010

Some communities do, most don't. I don't think supply corps does, being that this current board is taking FY-24 and FY-25 applicants, if there's an applicant that is selected but cannot continue processing, they can always move one of the FY-25 folks to 24.
My recruiter had a supply applicant who was an “alternate” get selected after someone had dropped.

Those selected from the June 10th board are FY24 applicants?

FormerRecruitingGuru

My recruiter had a supply applicant who was an “alternate” get selected after someone had dropped.

Those selected from the June 10th board are FY24 applicants?

I just looked at last year's board list, it just has a list of selections and non selections, no alternates in between. Perhaps your recruiter or CNRC had an alternate list of folks to move up from the next fiscal year to the current.

Yes, for DCO as long as you commission/swear in on or before September 30th of this year you will be considered an FY-24 gain.