• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Reserve Obligation

car975

Maybe a little off the current topic, but does anyone know how long the reserve contract is for? I know that officers accept a commission for an indefinite period of time, but how long are you actually obligated to drill. I am prior service army waiting on comdocs.

suppo2010

Maybe a little off the current topic, but does anyone know how long the reserve contract is for? I know that officers accept a commission for an indefinite period of time, but how long are you actually obligated to drill. I am prior service army waiting on comdocs.

I could be off, but from what I have gathered its a 6 yr commitment, now you cando IRR as a commissioned officer, actually there are people who retire from the IRR.... but I think you are obligated to serve 6 yrs.....

das

Contributor
The obligation for DCO/DIRCOM communities is generally eight year ready reserve, three year Selected Reserve (SELRES).

car975

The obligation for DCO/DIRCOM communities is generally eight year ready reserve, three year Selected Reserve (SELRES).

Does the time start from the time you are scrolled, or from the time you are commissioned?