• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current wait time at Whiting

TwinsFan

Hey all,

I am starting my last week at API and was just surprised today to be told that I'm going to Whiting on September 9th. Recent classes were sending ALL single guys to Corpus (figured I would be sent there too). Anyway, myself and some other guys from my class will be headed to Whiting to fly T-34s. Does anyone know the current wait at Whiting to class up? Will we have stash jobs if were waiting?

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Enough time to get rid of that hideous twins avatar . . . :D

That's.......baseball, right?

Does anyone even watch that anymore? I always thought baseball was the hangover we had to suffer through in between football seasons, not something people actually watched.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I would answer your question, but I'd rather just make fun of baseball. Seriously, it's God-awful. Every "baseball highlight" on ESPN is the exact same. Either it's a home-run, which is much less impressive now that the guys are all juiced up, or a diving catch which is cool the first couple hundred times you see one...

TwinsFan

Valid argument. Many players were on roids, but it pales in comparison to drug use and crime in other sports. Sportscenter had some highlights recently that weren't baseball. I can remember some: Vicks underground gambling ring. Pacman has a couple run ins with the law. Percy Harvin smoking pot, knowing that the combine was days later. Ontario Smith getting caught with a Wizzonater at the airport. Plaxico's concealed carry. Randy Moss running someone over. The Vikings Loveboat. The Bengals entire team being in prison at one point or another. Ricky Williams smoking his career down the drain. Brett Favre and pain pills. Ron Artest. Billichecks integrity. Rothlisbergers ladies. I do think that that was more entertaining than a few upstanding citizens making diving catches and throwing perfect games. Other sports are fun to watch, but baseball is my personal favorite. Whatever.... I do what I want!

PS: Whats the wait time at Whiting these days?

TwinsFan

Oh, the only reason I care how long the wait time is, is because they just gave us orders last minute and our rental companies want 30 days notice. Milton is more than 50 miles from Perdido so I can break my lease, but Ill be commuting till the 20th before my lease runs up. Was curious if anyone was out there who started recently. I live and die by the gouge.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I would answer your question, but I'd rather just make fun of baseball. Seriously, it's God-awful. Every "baseball highlight" on ESPN is the exact same. Either it's a home-run, which is much less impressive now that the guys are all juiced up, or a diving catch which is cool the first couple hundred times you see one...

[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/Sports_Minute/21478749[/video]

This guy was probably juicing.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
..I do think that that was more entertaining than a few upstanding citizens making diving catches and throwing perfect games. Whatever.... I do what I want!

All those illegal immigrants? They took er jooobs! And you're lucky I pulled you out of the dunker today er you'd be not going to Whiting, cash chucker.

SeaBoundRhino

I thought this was America
pilot
Awesome catch, and he didn't even drop his drinks.

Twinsfan: Have you been able to watch a game at Target Field? It's a beautiful stadium.

beaverslayer

pilot
Have you been able to watch a game at Target Field? It's a beautiful stadium.

I went to a game there earlier this summer, and it's awesome. My buddy has season tickets about 15 rows up behind home plate, so that was clutch too. Great stadium--HUGE upgrade from the Metrodome

Ajleger

ok Ill bite..

Checked in here last Thursday. Our navy guys, roughly 25 of us, were spread out between December and April. I'd expect the same, if not later. Of course.. It's changing every week. So who knows.

jtmedli

pilot
ok Ill bite..

Checked in here last Thursday. Our navy guys, roughly 25 of us, were spread out between December and April. I'd expect the same, if not later. Of course.. It's changing every week. So who knows.

What the hell are you talking about? That has nothing to do with baseball. Keep it on topic.