• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current wait for IFS and API?

FlybyWired06

Unless anyone finds a crystal ball any time soon, I don't think anyone will be able to predict class up or wait times. It all depends on what Flight Management, IFS, NOMI, Dental, etc. needs that very day. My humble advice is BE PROACTIVE. Be a pain in the ass. Call up NOMI and schedule appointments, go to Flight Management multiple times in the morning, go to the IFS office and see if they have extra slots. People might look down on this, but who cares. You'll be done and they won't. I've been down here only two months and I'm already done with IFS, simply because I weaseled my way into appointments, slots, etc. I didn't do anything underhanded or screw over any shipmates, I worked my stash job like a champ and volunteered when needed, but I also just happened to be in the right place at the right time when they needed people. Just be proactive. You can sit around in A-Pool for 6 months if you really want to, but you can be done in 2 if you make it happen. Good luck, and if you class up for IFS and you're looking to finish quick, choose Eglin AFB and Col. Miles. 3 weeks of hell, but it's only 3 weeks.

BZ, Jersey! You are an example for us all...

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Unless anyone finds a crystal ball any time soon, I don't think anyone will be able to predict class up or wait times. It all depends on what Flight Management, IFS, NOMI, Dental, etc. needs that very day. My humble advice is BE PROACTIVE. Be a pain in the ass. Call up NOMI and schedule appointments, go to Flight Management multiple times in the morning, go to the IFS office and see if they have extra slots. People might look down on this, but who cares. You'll be done and they won't. I've been down here only two months and I'm already done with IFS, simply because I weaseled my way into appointments, slots, etc. I didn't do anything underhanded or screw over any shipmates, I worked my stash job like a champ and volunteered when needed, but I also just happened to be in the right place at the right time when they needed people. Just be proactive. You can sit around in A-Pool for 6 months if you really want to, but you can be done in 2 if you make it happen. Good luck, and if you class up for IFS and you're looking to finish quick, choose Eglin AFB and Col. Miles. 3 weeks of hell, but it's only 3 weeks.

Someone's lookin to pin his star on soon.

If I wasn't almost 100% positive that I know who this is, I wouldn't be laughing so hard right now.:D

jnb921

Unless anyone finds a crystal ball any time soon, I don't think anyone will be able to predict class up or wait times. It all depends on what Flight Management, IFS, NOMI, Dental, etc. needs that very day. My humble advice is BE PROACTIVE. Be a pain in the ass. Call up NOMI and schedule appointments, go to Flight Management multiple times in the morning, go to the IFS office and see if they have extra slots.

On that note, you might want to sign up for a stash job when you get down. I worked the GeeDunk, 1 maybe 2 shifts a week, four hours a piece, and you can sign up for morning or afternoon so it doesn't interfere with your "I'm gonna get ripped during A-Pool" workout schedule everyone seems to develop the first few weeks. Make coffee and read a book. If you don't sign up for a job, you might get away with it the whole time, or you might end up standing quarterdeck watches on the weekends. Also, it is right next to flight management and you can get the word on open slots or class dates.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
If you're a Marine, don't do this. You'll find yourself pulled into the dreaded MOC office as a stash job so you can see the big picture.

Believe DocT, Marines dont want to do this. Not only will you get a hell of an ass chewing, you may find yourself at Vance or kicked out of the program if you piss of enough people.

FlybyWired06

On that note, you might want to sign up for a stash job when you get down. I worked the GeeDunk, 1 maybe 2 shifts a week, four hours a piece, and you can sign up for morning or afternoon so it doesn't interfere with your "I'm gonna get ripped during A-Pool" workout schedule everyone seems to develop the first few weeks. Make coffee and read a book. If you don't sign up for a job, you might get away with it the whole time, or you might end up standing quarterdeck watches on the weekends. Also, it is right next to flight management and you can get the word on open slots or class dates.

Nice gouge..something to consider if the wait is long, but it seems like this time of year it's pretty short...

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Just a quick word for those of you who are IFS complete. Be ready to class up as soon as you get here. I'm classing up with less than 2 weeks of A-pool under my belt and that's how it's been for a lot of people.
This kinda backfired on me since I figured I'd have all of December to figure out living arrangements, furniture and other crap. So all of you, especially those of you up in RI, try to get your crap together before getting down here as much as you can.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
guys...A-pool is meant to be enjoyed! We were all there and wanted to class up right away, but enjoy the time you have off, and when your time comes to class up, then class up. There's no need to rush the process. It gets posted on here over and over again, enjoy your time in A-pool because thats the last time you're ever going to have any time off like that with absolutely no responsibilities. Don't ever volunteer for a stash job, take a risk because 95% of people don't get a stash job because of overachievers that volunteer for them. And if you don't want to stand watch, don't get watch-qualed, its as easy as that.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Not quite that easy anymore, Puck. When I was in A-pool, at one point they pulled all of the non-IFS complete guys to the side after muster, took all of our names and we had two choices, volunteer for a stash job, or be put on watchbill. I volunteered for a stash job. Trust me, i'm no over-achiever, either. Now, you could lie about your IFS status, but that would be a breach of integrity, and who am I.. But I think that if you're that lazy, you probably need to look for another line of work and get out of uniform. But again, who am I... :icon_roll

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Just a quick word for those of you who are IFS complete. Be ready to class up as soon as you get here. I'm classing up with less than 2 weeks of A-pool under my belt and that's how it's been for a lot of people.
This kinda backfired on me since I figured I'd have all of December to figure out living arrangements, furniture and other crap. So all of you, especially those of you up in RI, try to get your crap together before getting down here as much as you can.

This is for Pilots not FOs, correct?

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Not quite that easy anymore, Puck. When I was in A-pool, at one point they pulled all of the non-IFS complete guys to the side after muster, took all of our names and we had two choices, volunteer for a stash job, or be put on watchbill. I volunteered for a stash job. Trust me, i'm no over-achiever, either. Now, you could lie about your IFS status, but that would be a breach of integrity, and who am I.. But I think that if you're that lazy, you probably need to look for another line of work and get out of uniform. But again, who am I... :icon_roll

That sucks that they're cracking down on stash jobs, it was definitely not that way when I went through. I was just trying to help you A-poolers out with what was passed down to me from the guys who knew better than to volunteer for a stash job :p

As far as looking for another job, why?!?! I love mine! You'll work plenty hard once you get into flight school, and as I've heard, way harder once you hit the fleet. Avoid stash jobs and watch like the plague.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
One thing this board does not do very well is distinguish between Navy and Marine Corps. They are totally separate entities when it comes to placing officers in IFS and API. I have read many threads about the wait and it seem to get confused between the ensigns and the 2nd Lts. It would be very helpful if the moderators created a separate forum for Navy, Air Force and Marines trying to get into IFS/API because the requirements/conditions to get in are extraordinarily different.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One thing this board does not do very well is distinguish between Navy and Marine Corps. They are totally separate entities when it comes to placing officers in IFS and API. I have read many threads about the wait and it seem to get confused between the ensigns and the 2nd Lts. It would be very helpful if the moderators created a separate forum for Navy, Air Force and Marines trying to get into IFS/API because the requirements/conditions to get in are extraordinarily different.

That's what threads are for. It doesn't make very much sense to create two distinct forum areas for such a small issue. If there's any doubt, ask the poster to specify. Regardless, the wait is what it is when you get there. Anything you read here is just a guess and a snapshot in time.

Brett