• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

current project

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
5550440144_7fbc0e8bac_m.jpg

all i need is some crimped launcher ammo and the intestinal fortitude to launch the training round.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Fill the training grenade with fire ants, and have one of the more entertaining home defense weapons? Probably be kind of a pain to clean up afterwards, though.

H60Gunner

Contributor
all i need is some crimped launcher ammo and the intestinal fortitude to launch the training round.

Is the crimped launcher ammo different from a standard blank round? I've seen blank ammo that was crimped at the end and some that had a small red plug in it. And did you launch the training round yet?

I can see some fun times launching that!

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Fill the training grenade with fire ants, and have one of the more entertaining home defense weapons?

I think a couple of 12 ga. shells loaded with Skittles would make for a great home defense system.

Taste the rainbow lol.

Also, nice project!! Make sure to take pics/vids when you fire it. I second H60 gunner in that some blank ammo is crimped and might work, but it would definitely be worth confirming that with someone who has dealt with that system before.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I just got this mental image of a Safety Officer's head exploding after telling him your plans! Looks like fun!

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
i remember firing an m1 granade at camp lejeune around '66

at age 19. from the kneeling position.
it was a rush to say the least.
spigots2s.jpg
899M1GarandRiflewhGrenadeLauncher.jpg
this one looks like a reduced charge in the launcher round (more to my liking.)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
The term "skittles rounds" and "taste the rainbow" has a slightly different connotation to me, thanks to watching too many SAPHEI runs via rover and/or live. The 'unintentional' radio call of, "Taste the rainbow, bitches," by the aircrew in conjunction with watching it live has forever changed me.

I can't eat Skittles without smiling...