• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Navy "needs" for Pilot/NFO

MarpatCam

ALCON,

I have seen several different threads pop up for the number of pilots and NFOs that the Navy needs to fill OCS spots for the remainder of FY '13 and FY '14. Can someone attempt to solidify these numbers? I know that there is a May 12th, 2013 ship date that are still in need for pilot/ NFO shippers. Is there some truth begins this?

-MarpatCam

gotta_fly

pilot
ALCON,

I have seen several different threads pop up for the number of pilots and NFOs that the Navy needs to fill OCS spots for the remainder of FY '13 and FY '14. Can someone attempt to solidify these numbers?
Almost certainly not. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
I'm interested in another aspect of this subject, that being those of already selected 1390's awaiting API and the pipeline. Are there any worries of the Navy asking future SNA's graduating this year to take a free pass with their scholarship and get out of the Navy due to the backup in Pensacola? With the re budgeting it looks like if you haven't started IFS (now just straight to API) then you are just sitting around as of right now.

exNavyOffRec

ALCON,

I have seen several different threads pop up for the number of pilots and NFOs that the Navy needs to fill OCS spots for the remainder of FY '13 and FY '14. Can someone attempt to solidify these numbers? I know that there is a May 12th, 2013 ship date that are still in need for pilot/ NFO shippers. Is there some truth begins this?

-MarpatCam

yes, still a need, but not due to increase in billets as much as pro Y's not becoming FS for various reasons, for the most part the number of SNA going to OCS has remained fairly steady, especially compared to other designators.

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
I'm interested in another aspect of this subject, that being those of already selected 1390's awaiting API and the pipeline. Are there any worries of the Navy asking future SNA's graduating this year to take a free pass with their scholarship and get out of the Navy due to the backup in Pensacola? With the re budgeting it looks like if you haven't started IFS (now just straight to API) then you are just sitting around as of right now.
I wonder if we'll be hearing anything soon regarding whether IFS will open back up or get cut entirely now that a budget has finally been agreed upon today.

MarpatCam

Thank
yes, still a need, but not due to increase in billets as much as pro Y's not becoming FS for various reasons, for the most part the number of SNA going to OCS has remained fairly steady, especially compared to other designators.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it!

Fallonflyr

pilot
Airline floodgates are fixing to open...off course the manpower folks won't react until FY'16.

MasterBates

Airline floodgates are fixing to open...off course the manpower folks won't react until FY'16.

What is the Intel source for that Fallon? Not that I don't want to believe you but I've been hearing that since I was flying helos.

Age 65 guys finally leaving?

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

Fallonflyr

pilot
Age 65 is here, new FAR's and contract work rules which require more pilots. True "off the street" new hires class up at my company next week. The word is that we will be hiring 50-60 a month from now until the next furlough.

MasterBates

Not that I have any prayer of flying for a major (and I'm not working for what the regionals pay, could have swung it if I had a USN retirement check) but I'm wondering if "off the street" guys going to training now, will open up some of the more "interesting" civil flying jobs.

I'd gladly switch back to flying for money, if I could make 2/3 of what I do now. I just can't stomach the regionals pay scale, nor even pay the bills without SELTARing if I did go there.

HPFDrummer

I wonder if we'll be hearing anything soon regarding whether IFS will open back up or get cut entirely now that a budget has finally been agreed upon today.

Classing up for API next week. We were just told that we DO have funding for IFS, but it's not in our account yet. So, they'll start IFS once we get the money in the NASC account. Most people are currently doing IFS after API, but they said they fully intend on going back to the original pipeline (IFS - API).

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
What is the Intel source for that Fallon? Not that I don't want to believe you but I've been hearing that since I was flying helos.

Age 65 guys finally leaving?

I've heard it from line check pilots at United and Delta. Age 65 is a big piece of it. Delta, curiously enough, seems to have a Navy-type mentality to it, where they are planning on waiting until the guys actually retire, then fill their new hire classes to max capacity each month, and get them out to fleet seats right away. Time estimate? mid-2014. Word on the street is that just as a pure numbers game, they'll be taking any swinging dick who can meet the mins, once the process gets rolling.

Then again, I've heard this story before.

United is obviously already hiring a trickle each month, which seems to make it a bit of a buyer's market. I know a couple of guys with 3000+ military multiengine hours and May availability windows who didn't even get called for an interview. . .yet. . .