• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cuckoo bird brings (the Honorable) Hillary Campaign to a standstill

UMichfly

pilot
None
Explain to me how this is "good news for the Republicans." All I see is a guy with mental issues endangering a lot of random lives (like occasionally happens in all sorts of venues...i.e. post offices, CNN headquarters...) and Hillary's staff dealing with it in the best possible way they can think of. Anyone who would let something that arbitrary effect their vote needs facepunched.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Explain to me how this is "good news for the Republicans." All I see is a guy with mental issues endangering a lot of random lives (like occasionally happens in all sorts of venues...i.e. post offices, CNN headquarters...) and Hillary's staff dealing with it in the best possible way they can think of. Anyone who would let something that arbitrary effect their vote needs facepunched.

Hillary had to shut down 15 campaign offices in New Hampshire to deal with this crisis. This doesn't leave her a lot of time to campaign (unless she decides to use these peoples suffering as a campaign tool, which Carl Cameron suggests she might).

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I dont get why people who are still active senators, etc etc get to campaign when they are still in office... aren't they supposed to be representing their people?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
go ahead and tally up how many votes the Senators, (McCain, Clinton, Obama, Biden...am I missing any?? et.al.) have missed in the last 2 years.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Missed votes (so far) in the 110th Congress

Th US Congress Votes Database

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) Sen. Joseph Biden (D-DE) Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-CT) Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS) Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Here's a better one:

All that campaigning is pretty much for naught since the population doesn't elect the president, and the electoral college is not bound to follow the popular vote.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's a better one:

All that campaigning is pretty much for naught since the population doesn't elect the president, and the electoral college is not bound to follow the popular vote.

I don't think you paid attention in civics class.

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Here's a better one:

If I ever run for pres. I hope your my campaign manager... we'll save tons of money with your novel ideas.

:rolleyes:

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I don't think you paid attention in civics class.

Brett

Uh huh.

So I'm imagining these presidents who lost the popular vote, but won the Presidency (including Bush in his first term?)

http://www.news.ku.edu/2000/00N/NovNews/Nov16/kspress.html

There are also a few times throughout our young history where an electorate did not vote with the majority in the state. I don't quite have the time to dig it up right now. Yes, I'm aware that we vote for someone who has allegedly "pledged" to vote for a particular candidate, but there is nothing to stop them from changing their minds once in the voting booth.

Additionally, I live in NY. If I vote for anyone other than the Democratic nominee, my vote is going in the shitter. Not as in "oh, the Democrat is sure to win overall so it doesn't matter," mind you, but because the electoral college offers an all-or-nothing system. The votes for the state "loser" are just simply thrown out.

Instead of trying to attack me because I acknowledge that a broken system is, well, broken, why don't you try to come up with some reasons to convince why we should continue to keep this asinine system?