• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CTW1 private thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
I was talking with a few people that have been around a little longer than I have; they spoke of a private thread that used to be on here for advanced, where gouge about sim instructors could be exchanged. Is that still here, or no longer around?
From what I've seen so far, that could be beneficial in that some instructors say its good headwork to gouge your plates up, while others will dig through everything you have to make sure they are all blank.
Probably a good stress relief as well to vent about simulator mishaps. I saw someone that looked like both his parents were just shot - I mean the guy pulled him out of the sim and made him stand at attention so that he could lecture him about how he should have been in a paper towel twenty somethin years ago. I thought the 4-horsemen at Whiting were bad, but this is what sea stories are made out of.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That forum is still here, just with the move to the new forum software, I didn't reset the permissions to anyone. I will set it back up.

John

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
John –

Everything seemed to work just fine. If you need any help with that, then let me know. The next chunk of my life will once again be dedicated to the collection and dissemination of gouge.
Hopefully this can turn into something good. All the T-2’s will be gone within the next month, so everyone will have the same sim instructors. Patmack, a big difference here is that the fight for sim time gets brutal, where as late night at whiting you could usually stumble into one. But if you can find a Meridian cat that looks back at the initial sims with a smile, then I got a case of beer waiting for you.

Cheers,

Andy

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
I got a big kick out of what a stud wrote on the message board in the Simulator building student ready room.

“Lost: self respect + dignity, last seen in trainer #812. If found please call 5xx-xxx”

The funny thing is, I don’t know of anyone here who has not been made to feel like a complete bag of s*** by one of the Sim IP’s.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Alrighty, the Private advanced Jet thread is up and running. Some good info is starting to flow. There are about 10 or so people, but could use some more to keep the flow of gouge coming in. The purpose is to share some of the triumphs and pitfalls so that we can better prepare for our favorite combat SIM instructors.
Any T-45 SNA is welcome, sorry, no family/friends/IPs. As of now, it's Meridian specific, but if enough jet studs from the Texas wastleland show interest, we could start up some extra K-threads, (I doubt we can get enough to make it worth an extra forum, but we’ll see).
Under user CP, click on group memberships, and you should be able to figure it out from there.

Armo325

pilot
Pap said:
The funny thing is, I don’t know of anyone here who has not been made to feel like a complete bag of s*** by one of the Sim IP’s.

Happened to me this morning, actually... Good times. Do I need to do anything to get in to the jet forum thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.