• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crypto Question

Nnjustin44

I was told as a reservist going into crypto I would only go to ODS. I would be expected to be the SME on the subject as an officer. Is there an officer school that is equivalent to A school that I would go to after ODS? I want to lead well but I need to know how to do my job. I haven’t been able to find anything on the internet if anyone here knows please any advice is appropriated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was told as a reservist going into crypto I would only go to ODS. I would be expected to be the SME on the subject as an officer. Is there an officer school that is equivalent to A school that I would go to after ODS? I want to lead well but I need to know how to do my job. I haven’t been able to find anything on the internet if anyone here knows please any advice is appropriated.

All Reserve (DCO) IWC (Intel, CW, IP, etc.) candidates attend ODS followed by attending the same schooling as their active duty counterparts. NOTE: This is only for IWC, other DCO/Reserve programs may offer abbreviated schooling and training since it's expected that candidates have the knowledge and experience.

DCO candidates often require 5-10 years of work experience (whether that's civilian and/or military work experience) along with specific education and certification/s requirements.

If you think you qualify, check out program authorizations 208A - 208D below:

Do you qualify? Similar to any job posting... do you think you're competitive? If so, contact a local officer recruiter.

RhodesReese

As a CW Officer, active or reserve, you'll attend the Cryptologic Warfare Basic Course in Pensacola. That course will give you a good baseline being a CW Officer. But due to CW being so broad, youll reinforce the basics by doing your IWO/CWO quals, JQR, and OJT.

CWO_change

As a CW Officer, active or reserve, you'll attend the Cryptologic Warfare Basic Course in Pensacola. That course will give you a good baseline being a CW Officer. But due to CW being so broad, youll reinforce the basics by doing your IWO/CWO quals, JQR, and OJT.

And OTJ training is really key here. OP, if able to go TAD to a ship, etc., I'd recommend that. They'll probably cut you active orders to one of the big four CW sites, NIOC HI, NIOC GA, NIOC TX, or CWG-6 in order to qualify as a CWO and an IWO, though they very well may send you elsewhere based on where your unit is. But don't expect to become a SME from these assignments, and folks only get a fairly limited amount of time to get qualified. Still, I'd soak up everything that you can and get as much knowledge and insight from those who are stationed at these places who have different fleet experiences.