• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cruise Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phiman

I'm going on my 1/C cruise this summer, hopefully Aviation Ashore, and I was wondering what all I can do in addition to my duties in the squadron. Can I get my rifle and pistol quals, if so what do I have to do to set that up, etc. Kind of take advantage and do as much as possible while I'm there. Thanks.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Phiman,
When you get to whatever base you end up at, give base security a call and see if they can get you in on a Pistol/Rifle qual shoot. Most squadron's have limited OPTAR to go pistol/rifle qual. Heck, us aviators didn't get to shoot but once a year...and we were supposed to be proficient...combat ready. It's all about timing. If you get there at the right time an place, you might be able to get some tiype of qualification...Good luck!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Valion310

Or if your really sly ... with enough 12 packs, you might could fanagle your way into a shoot ...

Valion310 out-
batman_125.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Talkin about gun quals, just did my yearly shoot, and lets just say I can lay down some good suppression fire, but can't hit the broad side of a barn to save my life.... This yearly thing just isn't cutting it... Now, one of the other pilots on my crew, damn, he is just plain dangerous with the 9mm. All 30 of his shots were dead on center of his target...

I know, all you marines out there are in shock, thinking "oh my god, squids with guns.." lol

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by tali264
I was just thinkin "oh my god, John with a gun". I can't speak for anyone else though
icon_smile_wink.gif
First off, glad to hear that you are finally "thinking", keep up the good work, we KNEW you could do it.. though Frumby did say it was doubtful...

Second, heck, you can BARELY speak for yourself, let alone anyone else...

And on that note, have a good day...

LadyJayUSN

You know what sucks...they don't let middies go through the helo dunker anymore during their 3 day physiology course. Bummer....

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

Phiman

What all does that aviation physiology course entail. I gotta do it this may, so I'm a little curious.

LadyJayUSN

WHen I got my initial ejection seat qual it encluded a day long course on hypoxia and the physical stresses of high altitude flight, the altitude chamber, and the ejection seat simulator. The second day included a water survival course and the swim qual: 100m full flight gear any stroke you wanted, then a 5 minute float as you inflate your survival vest, and an underwater swim. The third day included the helo dunker, the heeds training, the strop, the parachute drag, and recovery from underneath your parachute. It was a really fun course (I even enjoyed the helo dunker). I think CNET has modified MIDN requirements and now they don't do half that stuff from what I understand.

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

Status
Not open for further replies.