• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crickets Chirping......

Status
Not open for further replies.

AviatorMR239

well 184 is underway, and the Marines section of this site has sure quieted down a lot....

pretty soon i will have responded to every single thread here

3 months till january...

riley

Aviator,

you waiting to hear about selections for 185?

I'm in the same boat too. Not too far in the distant future I'll be looking back wondering where all the time went. God-willing, see ya at 185

The_Goat

What is selection 184, and 185? Is it selection for OCS? As you can tell I still do not know very much.
Thanks,
John

AviatorMR239

yeah, to make it worse my OSO said waiting on my waivers might push me back further...

i'll graduate in december, can one attend a PLC class date rather than a normal OCC...or would the next available date be 186 in october?

reapergm

No, you can go this summer, its occ too. I have to live with the mistakes I made in college, my oso gave me a heads up that I might not make Jan, unless I hit 300 pft. So Im probably going June (which is 186). If not, maybe enlist... dunno yet.

stevew

same here, I can also try to push for 185 but by the looks of things I think I'll be applying to 186. Mostly cause I need work on my PFT scores, I haven't taken it yet but I don't think I'll hit the 280's I was aiming for yet.

AviatorMR239

i may be in the same boat as you guys.... my first PFT is coming up this next week, i have a couple waivers and several traffic tickets that need to be offset by a stellar score on the pft. I'm improving each week, but that's good news that June is an option... Let's pray for january but not rule out being the "boys of summer"

riley

When is the last date to mail everything off for 185? My OSO told me that the last chance I had to take the PFT was Friday, 17 Oct. I'm waiting for lab results back from my Flight Physical - which is why I haven't taken the PFT yet.

Crowbar

None
Originally posted by The_Goat
What is selection 184, and 185? Is it selection for OCS? As you can tell I still do not know very much.
Thanks,
John

184 and 185 are class numbers for Officer Candidates Class. You often hear them referred to as "OCC 184" or "OCC 185" (or a lower number for older classes). Selection is, well,...self-explanatory.

AviatorMR239

riley i was told you need to have at least one PFT of 225 or over to "book", however you can continue to submit improved PFT scores up to a few weeks before the board meets. I don't know the mailing deadline is, but i meet with my OSO tomorrow and have several questions for him.

stevew

My OSO wants me to have at least a 280 to submit with. I don't know what the minimum requirements are but my OSO knows what is competitve and doesn't want to waste time submitting an app that won't get accepted. He told me that the latest he needs all my stuff is by some time in the second week of Nov. I can't remeber the exact date.

Sins

this is my opinion: to be competetive you'll need at least a 270 preferably 280+. people are accepted with lower but the word is that these guys struggle at OCS.

My OSO wants everything ASAP. the pressure is on me. and i'm laying pressure on the guys writing my LORs. hopefully everything will be all squared away by 10/15 for me.

good luck

Crowbar

None
Originally posted by stevew
My OSO wants

my OSO knows what is competitve

won't get accepted

What your OSO wants really doesn't mean dick. If you meet the requirements, and he's doing his job, he will submit your package.

Sure, maybe generally speaking. But the packages submitted from board to board vary. There may be something non-quantitative about you that the board thinks the Marine Corps can't live without. You may submit on a board that is a statistical anomaly and with below average scores on some things get accepted. Nobody...NOBODY can predict those things.

See above. HQMC career counselors and MCRC (ON) told me I would never get into MECEP because my PFT score wasn't 280. Well, here I am!

Keep fightin!
Keep fightin!
Keep fightin!

RyanVR

I was unofficially told i was selected for plc-186-c (the board selected me but the colonel hasn't signed the list yet to make it official)

Just to show you that pft isn't always the #1 be all end all, mine was a 243(20:37 on run)
which was the first and only pft i've taken so far.

What i lacked in pft points though i believe i made up with academic related scores
act:34
ASTB: 9/9/9/66
no tatoos, one drug waiver (one time use)
two speeding tickets
20/20 vision
20 year old senior in college.
3.56 gpa

but hey, I still wish i had a 280 pft or more and i'm still working on it!

Good luck everyone,
Ryan Von Rembow

Status
Not open for further replies.