• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Creation of the Marine Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Creation of the Marine Wife

The good Lord was creating a model for Marine wives & was into his sixth hour of overtime when an Angel appeared.

She said, "Lord, you seem to be having a lot of trouble with this one.

What's wrong with the standard model?" The Lord replied, "Have you seen the specs on this order? She has to be completely independent, possess the qualities of both father & mother, be a perfect hostess to 4 or 40 guests at a moment's notice, run on black coffee, handle every emergency imaginagble without a manual, be able to carry on cheerfully even if she is pregnant & has the flu, & be willing to move to a new location 10 times in 20 years. And, oh yes, she must have 6 pairs of hands."

The Lord continued, "Don't worry, we will make other Marine wives to help her. And give her an unusually strong heart so it will swell with pride in her husband's achievement, sustain her through the pain of seperations, beat soundly when it is overworked & tired, & be large enough to say "I understand" when she doesn't, and say, "I love you, regardless."

"Lord," said the Angel, touching her arm gently, "go to bed & get some rest. You can finish this tomorrow."

"I can't stop now," said the Lord, "I am so close to creating something unique. Already this model heals herself when she is sick, can put up six unexpected guests for the weekend, wave goodbye to her husband from pier or airport, & understand why it's important that he leave."

The Angel circled the model of the Marine wife, looked at it closely & sighed, "It looks fine, but it's so soft."

Finally, the Angel bent over & ran her finger across the cheek of the Lord's creation.

"There's a leak," she announced. "Something is wrong with the construction. I am not surprised that it's cracked. You're trying to put too much in this model."

The Lord appeared offended at the Angel's lack of confidence. "What you see is not a leak," he said. "It's a tear."

" A tear? What's it there for?"

The Lord replied, "It's for joy, sadness, pain, disappointment, loneliness, pride & a dedication to all the values that she & her husband hold dear."

"You're a genius!" exclaimed the Angel. The Lord looked puzzled & replied, "I didn't put it there!"

- Anonymous -

topher1235

My Dad gave this same thing to my Mom, it's over our fireplace. You'd be surprised how truthful it is! Great post

Topher

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
I just sent that to my girlfriend. I think her reply will play a large part in whether I think she has what it takes to be my wife. I don't want her to suffer, especially not unexpectedly, so maybe that will help her understand what she's in for. Thanks for posting it.

vipersig.jpg

gagirl

WOW! I love that! Thanks for posting it. It is so true, and even though it takes a special person to serve their country it takes an equally special person to stand beside them. I love my job and wouldn't change it!
Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.