• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What are your primary news sources?
As I have said many time, I look at the all. I mostly use my news feed that has every major U.S. news stations, major U.S. newspapers and many international sources. I read the coverage of the same thing with all the different slants and make up my determination of what’s what.

Yes the Fox political slant is very pro Trump but MSNBC, CNN, and the rest of the mainstream media go out of their way to vilify Trump. In my opinion, they twist everything to the point they really are fake news changing the basic underlying facts to further their anti-Trump, anti-conservative agenda. Fox gets the basic stuff right then adds their rah rah pro-Trump twist but at least they keep the basic underlying facts straight.

Fox also at least makes a small effort to show both sides. For instance “The Five” has Juan Williams. And Fox’s newsfeed has many commentaries by leftist contributors who bash Trump and his policies.

I’ve also heard Tucker Carlson lay into Trump when he thinks Trump has done something stupid. When have the talking heads on the other networks ever praised Trump? Never.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
It is a decently educated assumption that people who have recovered are immune. This has not been proven yet with data though.
And I certainly hope that exposure leads to lasting immunity, but people who know more than me about this stuff have doubts. My point is that testing to see if someone had it a month ago is pointless from a policy perspective unless we’re talking about testing a sample of people to attempt to determine how widespread it has been.

I haven’t been sick, but I may have been exposed. If I don’t get tested, I’ll keep going to work. If I get tested and I’ve had it in the past, I’ll go to work. If I get tested and I’ve never had it I’ll go to work. If I get sick, I’ll stay home and recover like 99-99.9% of people who get it.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
As I have said many time, I look at the all. I mostly use my news feed that has every major U.S. news stations, major U.S. newspapers and many international sources. I read the coverage of the same thing with all the different slants and make up my determination of what’s what.

Yes the Fox political slant is very pro Trump but MSNBC, CNN, and the rest of the mainstream media go out of their way to vilify Trump. In my opinion, they twist everything to the point they really are fake news changing the basic underlying facts to further their anti-Trump, anti-conservative agenda. Fox gets the basic stuff right then adds their rah rah pro-Trump twist but at least they keep the basic underlying facts straight.

Fox also at least makes a small effort to show both sides. For instance “The Five” has Juan Williams. And Fox’s newsfeed has many commentaries by leftist contributors who bash Trump and his policies.

I’ve also heard Tucker Carlson lay into Trump when he thinks Trump has done something stupid. When have the talking heads on the other networks ever praised Trump? Never.
Personally, most days I look at both foxnews.com and cnn.com, and WSJ for a third angle. Both tell me what they want me to know. Both have ridiculous angles at times. Both have opinion articles that make me want to puke. But CNN is more likely to have their opinion articles as front page "analysis". They help decide what the viewer should take away from things more than reporting the actual facts. In fact, every time I go there I get asked if I'd like the 5 most important things they think I should know sent to my email. They also don't allow commenting on their articles. Fox does. I get why as there are plenty of trolls... But sometimes I just want to vent when something is said in an opinion that I think is blatantly false. One network allows you to do so and pretty much all the others don't.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
And I certainly hope that exposure leads to lasting immunity, but people who know more than me about this stuff have doubts. My point is that testing to see if someone had it a month ago is pointless from a policy perspective unless we’re talking about testing a sample of people to attempt to determine how widespread it has been.
I completely agree with you. Testing the antibodies and infection rate of the population will provide us useful data to make informed decisions.

I haven’t been sick, but I may have been exposed. If I don’t get tested, I’ll keep going to work. If I get tested and I’ve had it in the past, I’ll go to work. If I get tested and I’ve never had it I’ll go to work. If I get sick, I’ll stay home and recover like 99-99.9% of people who get it.
I'm in the same boat. I have no reason to think I have been infected. I walk around outside but give people a wide berth. I carry around a mask that my sister made in case I need to go into one of the stores that are open (grocery stores, liquor stores etc).

Even though I've been on reserve, I haven't been to work in 2 weeks. I have an open time add trip on the 30th thou so my beard has an enjoy by date.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Corrections/Detention Officer is a tough job. Generally the worse pay and definitely, the least respect of all law enforcement. I worked a few days in the jail here and there on my hobby cop gig. Hated it. Hats off to those guys. This is added stress and risk no one else in LE has right now. You are safer caring for COVID patients in a hospital than with the PPE COs and DOs have to wear in the prison.

Mrs Wink was suppose to be in a prison to interview inmates today. Was done via conference call instead. But the Officers were at work like usual.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
https://gulfnews.com/world/europe/c...gaulle-infested-with-covid-19-1.1586979074097

Seems the French are having a tough go with covid on their carriers too

Confirmed. Kind of odd to me that the NY Times and Navy Times both cited France’s nuclear deterrence erosion. Rafale fighter jets being capable of nuclear strikes doesn’t mean the pilots or ordies train to it, or that any nuclear weapons are even stored onboard the CDG. I’m also not sure who France is deterring, as Russia can’t invade without going through at least three other countries first. ISIS in Mali? Ze Germans?

Last edited:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Corrections/Detention Officer is a tough job.
A few of our reservists at the NOSC did that for their real job (including max security). Some of them had stories that would make your hair stand up.

taxi1

pilot
And other than a neat story, what would she have to gain from a test? There is some debate over whether having antibodies even means you’re immune. We aren’t going to test every citizen.
She could meet face to face with her patients, of which there are many needing mental health services at the moment.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None

taxi1

pilot
She should already be able to do that.
She is tele-meeting with patients, as per protocol.

An interesting thing is she now has waivers to practice medicine and to meet virtually with her patients who have returned to their home states for most of the nearby states. Couldn’t get them before.

GroundPounder

A few of our reservists at the NOSC did that for their real job (including max security). Some of them had stories that would make your hair stand up.

Never worked our detention facility, thank God. Basically there are 1500 people that have nothing to do 24/7, except think up ways to make the staff's life miserable. That's a county facility that most people will leave in relatively short amounts of time, when you start talking prisons with many of those folks knowing that they will never leave, it ramps up exponentially.

I have a lot of respect for the people that work those positions.

taxi1

pilot
Never worked our detention facility, thank God. Basically there are 1500 people that have nothing to do 24/7, except think up ways to make the staff's life miserable. That's a county facility that most people will leave in relatively short amounts of time, when you start talking prisons with many of those folks knowing that they will never leave, it ramps up exponentially.

I have a lot of respect for the people that work those positions.
One of the guys I work with now is a reservist MAA, who did a MOB to Afghanistan to work as a prison guard. Holy #$& the stories he has. Pretty much Taliban and/or perverts. He’s a network admin in his day job.