• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here’s an explanation: reporting lag. Those weeks will be updated as the year progresses and more reports come in. There will always be the hanging tail you see on the graph but it will continue to slide right.

I did it myself with the raw data (and you can too!). Is that the only way to find truth in the media / blogosphere these days?

Process:
1. Go to https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2016-2017/data/nchsdata32.csv
1a. Save the file and open it in excel.

2. Go to https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2016-2017/data/nchsdata42.csv
2a. Save the file and open it in excel.

Quck note: the 2016-2017 corresponds to the year and the nchsdata32.csv corresponds to the week. So the first link is the pneumonia record as of Week 32, in 2017. The second link is Week 42 in 2017.

3. Plot a line chart with 'Week of the Year' on the X-axis and 'Death Percetange' on the Y-axis.
3a. Add one series representing CSV from 2017 Week 1-30 as recorded during week 32 of that year.
3b. Add a second series representing CSV from 2017 Week 1-30 as recorded during week 42 of that year.

View attachment 25179

The delta there, that is indicative of the deaths that will be reported ten weeks later on week 42 that just haven't made it into the system yet. Now just imagine what that delta would look like 52 weeks later, as shown in Slick's original chart.

Almost had me convinced on that one. Now, this doesn’t prove your theory about over-reporting in NYC wrong, just exposes your graph as a piece of manipulative agenda-driven bullshit.

Maybe by the end of this we can get some of you old airline pilots to understand the scientific process. I keed, I keed.

Here's an animation of the above process in-motion that gave me the original inspiration to try it (and make sure it wasn't just liberal agenda-driven bullshit cough).

giphy.gif

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alternate Headline: Panic That Media Was Complicit in Generating Has Negative Consequences (wish I’d come up this on my own)

I find it amusing that folks blame the media for somehow inducing panic when the President and many of his supporters are dismissive of it being 'fake news' and claim not to watch, listen or read it. How exactly are they inducing panic in those folks who don't pay attention to them, supposedly. OR do they have some magic sway over folks we don't know about?

Did the press panic folks like Governor DeWine of Ohio, who was one of the first governors to start shutting things down and banning large gatherings of folks? Or do you suppose it was his chief medical advisor?

But hey if folks want to ignore medical advice and test Darwin's Theory then more power to them, I guess? #MDGA

200415-coronavirus-protesters-business-ohio-one-time-use-only-se-458p_d6b78c8d8a539be3b279725d0a6cd158.fit-760w.jpg

SlickAg

pilot
I find it amusing that folks blame the media for somehow inducing panic when the President and many of his supporters are dismissive of it being 'fake news' and claim not to watch, listen or read it. How exactly are they inducing panic in those folks who don't pay attention to them, supposedly. OR do they have some magic sway over folks we don't know about?

Did the press panic folks like Governor DeWine of Ohio, who was one of the first governors to start shutting things down and banning large gatherings of folks? Or do you suppose it was his chief medical advisor?

But hey if folks want to ignore medical advice and test Darwin's Theory then more power to them, I guess? #MDGA

200415-coronavirus-protesters-business-ohio-one-time-use-only-se-458p_d6b78c8d8a539be3b279725d0a6cd158.fit-760w.jpg
You are ABSOLUTELY correct. Unequivocally. The press would never mislead the American people in any way shape or form. They’re beyond reproach.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
You are ABSOLUTELY correct. Unequivocally. The press would never mislead the American people in any way shape or form. They’re beyond reproach.

Man, CBS used to be my go-to evening news station that I'd have on while making dinner, but their quality of reporting has really gone downhill the last year or so. I basically don't watch news on TV anymore, I just cross-reference anything I hear about from multiple news sites online.

Sonog

pilot

Quite as close to the zombie apocalypse we'll ever see...JFC

taxi1

pilot
Could they have received it from their CBS affiliate in Italy?
I guess. I just know when they do a story on the local military base, for example, they show footage of planes flying around in a loop that seems pretty random.

I could tell it wasn't American because they weren't fat.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
So I was listening to NPR yesterday on my 2 miles trip to Home Depot, and they were interviewing the Mayor of Atlanta about the cities response to the pandemic and this topic came up (not sure how this is at all related to COVID19). She totally dismissed Ms. Reade and the allegations. She even commented, positively, on the integrity of Joe Biden (the same guy who can't keep his hands off little girls).