• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Yeah, but that makes sense because COVID doesn't appear to spread by people coughing in your order. If it did take out joints would be closed. Current research indicates it spreads by people inhaling droplets from infected people hence the recommendation for social distancing, masks, etc.

And we're well beyond "stopping the spread". It's here and is spreading. The whole point of the current exercise is to spread the number of cases out.

Restarting the economy does need to happen but curves need to be flattened first and better methods need to be in place to prevent future outbreaks. I can't imagine that people would be quick to run back to work if there was a spread that was orders of magnitude higher. I think there would be other issues to deal with at that point.
A restaurant worker handing an order to a Uber eats driver and then him handing it to me is “ok”. But me handing money to a shop owner in exchange for merchandise is dangerous. It’s absurd. Takeout is allowed purely to keep people from losing their shit.

It was the right call to buy time to prepare and study. Now it’s time to get on with it.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Osceola County Florida just went full retard. $500 citation or 60 days in jail, starting next week, if you get busted not wearing a scarf over your face. Not a surgical mask, not a N95 mask, but a scarf. A torn up T-shirt is okay too.

I can't wait to see places like this get hammered for this crap. I'm starting to understand why tar and feather was a thing during the Founding Fathers' time.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Osceola County Florida just went full retard. $500 citation next week if you get busted not wearing a scarf over your face. Not a surgical mask, not a N95 mask, but a scarf. A torn up T-shirt is okay too.

I can't wait to see places like this get hammered for this crap. I'm starting to understand why tar and feather was a thing during the Founding Fathers' time.

This dipshit judge in Texas says “hold my beer.”

There needs to be a reckoning for these authoritarian over reaches.

Pags

N/A
pilot
A restaurant worker handing an order to a Uber eats driver and then him handing it to me is “ok”. But me handing money to a shop owner in exchange for merchandise is dangerous. It’s absurd. Takeout is allowed purely to keep people from losing their shit.

It was the right call to buy time to prepare and study. Now it’s time to get on with it.
Yeah, but takeout/Uber eats limits the # of people in close proximity to each other. Lots of delivery services are doing contactless delivery so people aren't close to each other. And if you have to open the door you could wear a mask to further decrease the risk. Shops being open for business means they're going to be packed like my local target/Lowe's on the weekend with lots of people in proximity to each other. I think in a few weeks to a month or so we'll see things open up again but there will be requirements for masks in stores and limits on the # of people who can be in the store at the same time. The local Ace was probably already low risk due to limited # of people in it at any time.

Even with all the current restraints in place COVID will have killed 20000 Americans by tomorrow. It would have been a much higher number without the restrictions.

Every country in the world has essentially come to the same conclusion: lockdown. Independent nation's wouldn't have all thrown on the economic brakes if there weren't such grim outlooks from doing nothing.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Yeah, but takeout/Uber eats limits the # of people in close proximity to each other. Lots of delivery services are doing contactless delivery so people aren't close to each other. And if you have to open the door you could wear a mask to further decrease the risk. Shops being open for business means they're going to be packed like my local target/Lowe's on the weekend with lots of people in proximity to each other. I think in a few weeks to a month or so we'll see things open up again but there will be requirements for masks in stores and limits on the # of people who can be in the store at the same time. The local Ace was probably already low risk due to limited # of people in it at any time.

Even with all the current restraints in place COVID will have killed 20000 Americans by tomorrow. It would have been a much higher number without the restrictions.

Every country in the world has essentially come to the same conclusion: lockdown. Independent nation's wouldn't have all thrown on the economic brakes if there weren't such grim outlooks from doing nothing.
The area under the curve is the same either way. One destroys the economy as well. The “lockdown” is designed to buy time. It did. The infections will play out either way.

And Lowes is still packed. It’s “essential”

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The # of infections may be the same but because resources aren't as strained or limited the # of deaths should be lower.
Yet that’s not how it’s playing out in NYC. The most densely populated city we have, that delayed social distancing measures, that relies heavily on public transport... didn’t get overwhelmed the way the doomsayers predicted. If it didn’t happen there, it won’t happen in less dense cities.

We will be dealing with the virus all summer. And fall. That’s a certainty. It’s also impossible to shut the economy down that long without consequences that are much worse than the virus.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yet that’s not how it’s playing out in NYC. The most densely populated city we have, that delayed social distancing measures, that relies heavily on public transport... didn’t get overwhelmed the way the doomsayers predicted. If it didn’t happen there, it won’t happen in less dense cities.

We will be dealing with the virus all summer. And fall. That’s a certainty. It’s also impossible to shut the economy down that long without consequences that are much worse than the virus.
Remember that the doomsayer predictions were based on NYC doing nothing. But, because something was done the numbers will of course be better. Once the behaviors/assumptions that the model is based on are changed then the result will change as well. NYC and the surrounding areas still aren't having a good time because of the delays. It's not as bad as it could be because they did eventually do something.

And again, I agree that we have to figure out how to live with this thing for the next several months to years. Just saying "fuck it if a few more die, everyone back to work like there's no risk" isn't the answer. Because people won't want to take that risk and many businesses won't want that liability. Yes, we need to get back to work but i don't think it will be the same as it was for a while. Hopefully we can figure out how to get the economy back up on step in this different world.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Remember that the doomsayer predictions were based on NYC doing nothing. But, because something was done the numbers will of course be better. Once the behaviors/assumptions that the model is based on are changed then the result will change as well. NYC and the surrounding areas still aren't having a good time because of the delays. It's not as bad as it could be because they did eventually do something.

And again, I agree that we have to figure out how to live with this thing for the next several months to years. Just saying "fuck it if a few more die, everyone back to work like there's no risk" isn't the answer. Because people won't want to take that risk and many businesses won't want that liability. Yes, we need to get back to work but i don't think it will be the same as it was for a while. Hopefully we can figure out how to get the economy back up on step in this different world.

I don’t recall anyone saying “fuck it there’s no risk”.

It’s going to continue to spread either way and staying shut down isn’t an option.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

This is at the forefront in NC. There are people who own property/houses on the Outer Banks who the county is not allowing access to their property because they are residents of another state.

There are already lawsuits inbound. This one has the Supreme Court written all over it.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I don’t recall anyone saying “fuck it there’s no risk”.

It’s going to continue to spread either way and staying shut down isn’t an option.
That was meant as a rhetorical device to frame the argument not a quote from someone.

How do you see going back to work playing out?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
That was meant as a rhetorical device to frame the argument not a quote from someone. Didnt mean to imply anyone said it.

How do you see going back to work playing out?
I never stopped going to work. People should avoid touching each other, wear masks, wash hands, stay home if feeling sick, and if they’re high risk maybe think about self preservation. Other than concerts/dance clubs/some bars etc just go back to normal. Huge gatherings should probably stay gone a while. It’s not really that complicated. Stop the bleeding for the economy, let the medical researchers keep working on the various promising treatments and vaccines.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

Brazos County and Cameron County Texas are also coming down hard on Stay At Home Order violators, they actually have patrols out looking for violators!