• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Python

pilot
Contributor
Gotcha. Good luck. I guess I'm "lucky" in that we prepared for regional FO life in our finances, to include living with family. Hopefully we can ride out the coming storm.

My family and I did the same thing in case no majors called. We’re glad we have that, and the reserves. Good luck.

Sonog

pilot
DISCLAIMER: non medical dude here, BUT...

I have a few friends in the medical world from different parts of the country and they suspect this has been around for a while...perhaps even since last fall. The training material sent to the hospitals includes chest X-rays from positively confirmed COVID-19 cases and those x-rays are identical to "flu" patients x-rays from the recent (months) past. But those folks weren't tested for anything and treated as "simple" flu patients or the test they were given was for something other virus and thus never flagged CONID.

So, now that they're testing for COVID-19 it makes a lot of sense that they're finding more of it and perhaps the transmission curve is distorted because we're really not at the starting point of this thing, but in fact a ways down the timeline? I dunno...just a thought.

This is bullshit.

UMichfly

pilot
None
It's bullshit. This kind of baseless misinformation from pundits and political extremists is exceptionally dangerous right now. Read this link from someone who actually is an expert in genomics and epidemiology and not some political hack on Fox News. Pretty clearly refutes Sam's post.
https://bedford.io/blog

TyKing

pilot
It's bullshit. This kind of baseless misinformation from pundits and political extremists is exceptionally dangerous right now. Read this link from someone who actually is an expert in genomics and epidemiology and not some political hack on Fox News. Pretty clearly refutes Sam's post.
https://bedford.io/blog
Just to point out, he's just sharing some info he got from some friends that work in the medical field, at least that's what his post says. The only thing that is extreme is your post. I'm not trying to throw spears but if you don't like someone sharing info, with a disclaimer, then your mindset is more dangerous than anything. Stop trying to label people as terrible things to discredit them. I respect your opinion, so do the same to others.

chest X-rays from positively confirmed COVID-19 cases and those x-rays are identical to "flu" patients x-rays from the recent (months) past. B

Chest X-rays do not confirm if the patient has COVID-19 or not. For COVID-19 confirmation, swabs of the nose and throat are put through real-time reverse-transcriptase–polymerase-chain-reaction (rRT-PCR) testing. In medical cases, X-rays show whether the patient has junk in their lungs or not. For the first COVID-19 patient in the US, the patient had clear X-rays intially despite being positive for COVID-19. It was not until the evening of his 5th day in the hospital did his chest X-ray start to show pneumonia. From the X-ray perspective alone, a COVID-19 patient (atypical pneumonia) can look similar to a pneumonia patient.

First Case of COVID-19 in the US

exNavyOffRec

Chest X-rays do not confirm if the patient has COVID-19 or not. For COVID-19 confirmation, swabs of the nose and throat are put through real-time reverse-transcriptase–polymerase-chain-reaction (rRT-PCR) testing. In medical cases, X-rays show whether the patient has junk in their lungs or not. For the first COVID-19 patient in the US, the patient had clear X-rays intially despite being positive for COVID-19. It was not until the evening of his 5th day in the hospital did his chest X-ray start to show pneumonia. From the X-ray perspective alone, a COVID-19 patient (atypical pneumonia) can look similar to a pneumonia patient.

First Case of COVID-19 in the US
Why does everyone ignore the person that died on Jan 23rd who was confirmed to have it? Where did they get it? or what about the person that died on Jan 25th/26th that was also confirmed to have it?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

I have a few friends in the medical world from different parts of the country and they suspect this has been around for a while...perhaps even since last fall. The training material sent to the hospitals includes chest X-rays from positively confirmed COVID-19 cases and those x-rays are identical to "flu" patients x-rays from the recent (months) past. But those folks weren't tested for anything and treated as "simple" flu patients or the test they were given was for something other virus and thus never flagged CONID.

So, now that they're testing for COVID-19 it makes a lot of sense that they're finding more of it and perhaps the transmission curve is distorted because we're really not at the starting point of this thing, but in fact a ways down the timeline? I dunno...just a thought.

X-rays aren’t effective for COVID-19 diagnosis/testing but CT scans have a 95% detection rate apparently.

D

Deleted member 24525

Yep. I’m less inclined to do much of anything to help out when the active component needs a hand.

Fly a weekend so y’all can do a dining out? Fuck you.

A. There’s a DOD wide travel ban
B. All IDT/AT etc has been put on hold.

It’s not that they don’t WANT to give you orders or have you come out on AT, it’s that they CAN’T