• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
So all those people in the hospitals on ventilators don’t have Covid?
People also get hospitalized for the flu each year.
Please tell me the last time you saw a story with national media coverage about a hospital overflowing and then having to ration ventilators. If it were this problem sweeping America, then how come we’re not all hearing about it and you’re the only one asking the question? But it sure is a catchy way for people to clutch their pearls and talk about how AWFUL America’s response has been! If you’re so in love with European and oceanic country’s responses you should seriously move there. You and your family will be much safer from the next media-influenced and politically-driven frenzy event.

Remember when covid first happened (you know, 332 days ago when it was “two weeks to flatten the curve) and they were inducing patients into comas and intubating them because the health care workers were so afraid of getting coughed on? Yeah, me too. The preemptive ventilation contributed to their untimely demise.

taxi1

pilot
Just like most of Europe. Just like you can’t tell restrictive states from open states.

You’re missing the point, which is you want to praise the wonderful steps the UK took but they didn’t help.
What us and the U.K. have proved is that if you accept a high prevalence of virus in the community, you’ll be stuck with endless lockdowns and restrictions. You’ll also end up with mutant viruses that make it worse.

What the winning countries have proven is that by beating it down to the point that contact tracing works and using NPIs you can live in an open society with minimal impacts.

Why not learn from the winners?

taxi1

pilot
Please tell me the last time you saw a story with national media coverage about a hospital overflowing and then having to ration ventilators.
Lots of stories about hospitals overflowing. You been in a cave?

The preemptive ventilation contributed to their untimely demise.
You’re smart enough to google. What percentage of Covid patients that are in ICUs right now are on ventilators?

SlickAg

pilot
Lots of stories about hospitals overflowing. You been in a cave?

You’re smart enough to google. What percentage of Covid patients that are in ICUs right now are on ventilators?
I asked you the last time there was widespread national media coverage of ICUs overrun with ventilator patients. You know, like this spring when the major networks used photos from Italy as the backdrop for their stories?

You want to argue it, you provide the proof.

SlickAg

pilot
What us and the U.K. have proved is that if you accept a high prevalence of virus in the community, you’ll be stuck with endless lockdowns and restrictions. You’ll also end up with mutant viruses that make it worse.

What the winning countries have proven is that by beating it down to the point that contact tracing works and using NPIs you can live in an open society with minimal impacts.

You should definitely move to a winning country. They’ll love you over there. America is a disaster. It’s time for you to get out while you can.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Wrong. What it has proven is that once the virus is endemic half assed “lockdowns” are pointless. This is clear based on comparing us to the UK or states to states. It’s here, and it will be for a long time.

taxi1

pilot
Just not against covid, right? Otherwise ICUs wouldn’t be getting overwhelmed with patients they’re putting on ventilators?
Covid is more contagious than the flu. You know this, right? Or don’t you?

We really are moving to a new pandemic now, based on the new variants. They are more infectious compared to the original Covid, as Covid is to the flu. What would have taken a month for cases to double, will now take a week. NPIs that we’re good enough before will be insufficient. This evolution directly stems from the half-assed policy of living with the virus instead of crushing it.

You like to read medical articles. Here’s one that talks about potential for future increases in infectiousness possible as we let the virus simmer and stew in our population instead of driving it to zero. Bottom line is this virus has the potential to became way more contagious then even the new variants.

SARS-CoV-2 is constantly evolving, with more contagious mutations spreading rapidly. Using in vitro evolution to affinity maturate the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the spike protein towards ACE2, resulted in the more contagious mutations, S477N, E484K, and N501Y to be among the first selected. This includes the British and South-African variants. Plotting the binding affinity to ACE2 of all RBD mutations against their incidence in the population shows a strong correlation between the two. Further in vitro evolution enhancing binding by 600-fold provides guidelines towards potentially new evolving mutations with even higher infectivity.

taxi1

pilot
Wrong. What it has proven is that once the virus is endemic half assed “lockdowns” are pointless. This is clear based on comparing us to the UK or states to states. It’s here, and it will be for a long time.
The path to doing it isn’t even that complicated.

It’s disappointing to see so many damn quitters in our country.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Is it? What’s the data?

Anecdotally: Every winter I’ve caught a flu from my kids through daycare. Haven’t caught COVID from them yet, nor have my kids caught COVID - and some of the kids in the daycare class have doctors and police as parents. I have friends who caught COVID but haven’t transmitted it to others with whom they interacted closely.

I know COVID is more deadly that the flu, which is still somewhat deadly each year.

SlickAg

pilot

We really are moving to a new pandemic now, based on the new variants. They are more infectious compared to the original Covid, as Covid is to the flu. What would have taken a month for cases to double, will now take a week. NPIs that we’re good enough before will be insufficient. This evolution directly stems from the half-assed policy of living with the virus instead of crushing it.

You like to read medical articles. Here’s one that talks about potential for future increases in infectiousness possible as we let the virus simmer and stew in our population instead of driving it to zero. Bottom line is this virus has the potential to became way more contagious then even the new variants.

SARS-CoV-2 is constantly evolving, with more contagious mutations spreading rapidly. Using in vitro evolution to affinity maturate the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the spike protein towards ACE2, resulted in the more contagious mutations, S477N, E484K, and N501Y to be among the first selected. This includes the British and South-African variants. Plotting the binding affinity to ACE2 of all RBD mutations against their incidence in the population shows a strong correlation between the two. Further in vitro evolution enhancing binding by 600-fold provides guidelines towards potentially new evolving mutations with even higher infectivity.
So that’s just a fancy way of saying “wait two more weeks!!!!!”?

SlickAg

pilot
Is it? What’s the data?

Anecdotally: Every winter I’ve caught a flu from my kids through daycare. Haven’t caught COVID from them yet, nor have my kids caught COVID - and some of the kids in the daycare class have doctors and police as parents. I have friends who caught COVID but haven’t transmitted it to others with whom they interacted closely.

I know COVID is more deadly that the flu, which is still somewhat deadly each year.
Your unwillingness to understand basic facts is beginning to concern me and make me question your fitness for naval reserve duties.

Did you also write this baseless article you conspiracy theorist?