• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Maxillarious, post 9/11, once posted on an investment web log (now known as a blog), "Take all of your spare change and invest it in Apple. Hold on to it...until I alert you of trouble, on another forum. I'll have knowledges probably 2 months ahead of the other checkers-playing mouth-breathers."

Maxillarious

pilot
I’ll be the asshole...

You’ve been watching this forum since January 17th and haven’t seen anything posted, so why didn’t you? Apparently you were posting ‘with a high degree of accuracy’ on a different forum. Instead you waited till someone else posted and now lecture the rest of us.

Those are wings on your profile, so as an officer and aviator you should’ve stepped up and said something.

Gfy.

Fair enough. I didn't start a thread here because I perceived a general lack of interest on the topic here.

I brought up my concerns with several people and got tired of fighting the "it's just the flu" battle and got worn out by people playing politics with a virus that doesn't care about politics.

Anyone paying attention to how this has playing out can see 2 + 2 does not equal 5.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
There are four dozen confirmed infected among the Pentagon right now. Yeah, somebody didn't see this coming.
Are those people on this forum/site? Probably not. Perhaps you should have made it clear your check-egos statement was meant for them...or was it?
Write all the OPLANS you want, play all the little exercises and tabletops you want. Doesn't do any good if people waited this long to put them into effect.

The bed has been beshit.
Seriously dude?
"Little exercises" and "tabletops"? Are you currently building rosters to involuntarily bring in part time people, with their own civilian jobs, to participate in REAL events, not "little exercises" and "tabletops". People WILL get activated. It's what we do, just about every summer lately during hurricane season, in addition to our AT. I've slept on the floor at FBOs for days at a time, flown to other states to assist in their REAL disasters, etc... We have a military mission, just like the active duty. We also have a domestic mission. We train for and execute both. But you knew that already.

You aren't James Cole suffering from the Cassandra Complex, are you?

Last edited:

Maxillarious

pilot
Are those people on this forum/site? Probably not. Perhaps you should have made it clear your check-egos statement was meant for them...or was it?

Seriously dude?
"Little exercises" and "tabletops"? Are you currently building rosters to involuntarily bring in part time people, with their own civilian jobs, to participate in REAL events, not "little exercises" and "tabletops". People WILL get activated. It's what we do, just about every summer lately during hurricane season, in addition to our AT. I've slept on the floor at FBOs for days at a time, flown to other states to assist in their REAL disasters, etc... We have a military mission, just like the active duty. We also have a domestic mission. We train for and execute both. But you knew that already.

You aren't James Cole suffering from the Cassandra Complex, are you?
View attachment 24828

Cool. What have you done to personally prepare yourself and your family for this event?

Genuinely curious.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Cool. What have you done to personally prepare yourself and your family for this event?

Genuinely curious.
Hey all you dipshits didn’t prepare for this and shit the bed big time. Meanwhile I have had solid gold insights. Genius stuff. Bold, awesome predictions. On another forum though. And no, I don’t plan on sharing them, you probably wouldn’t understand.

If a total lack of self awareness were worth something, you’d be rich.

Maxillarious

pilot
Hey all you dipshits didn’t prepare for this and shit the bed big time. Meanwhile I have had solid gold insights. Genius stuff. Bold, awesome predictions. On another forum though. And no, I don’t plan on sharing them, you probably wouldn’t understand.

If a total lack of self awareness were worth something, you’d be rich.

I'd love to share those insights. That's why I popped in here in the first place. It seems like people are more interested in personal and strawman attacks though.

The responses are formulaic.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'd love to share those insights. That's why I popped in here in the first place. It seems like people are more interested in personal and strawman attacks though.

The responses are formulaic.
Formulaic like your post that exactly mirrored my parody post? You literally just said exactly what you’re being ridiculed for. Good lord

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor

It seems like people are more interested in personal and strawman attacks though.
So you'd prefer a professional critique, instead?

Okay, roger that. In the future, I recommend instead of dismissing people's responses when you don't have the desire or genuine capacity to engage in actual meaningful conversation, you abstain from responding at all, rather than simply being a dick. During your abstention you can exercise some introspection as to why others may not enjoy your condescending and unproductive commentary. This way it's a win-win: those of us who desire constructive, adult conversations can continue, and meanwhile, nobody will know you're actually just an ass who somehow made it through all the Navy's filters. Hopefully you can take this onboard in a meaningful way so your next reporting senior (if you're not already old, retired, and practically dead from C19) can truthfully write "A PLEASURE TO HAVE IN MY WARDROOM!" rather than the less than desirable FITREPS you've probably enjoyed thus far.

Good luck!

Mos

None
Alright, I'm going to need everyone to check their egos and take a bit of constructive criticism.

I've been watching this situation unfold since January 17th and have been putting out daily updates on a different forum with high accuracy every day since then. Even Stevie Wonder could have seen this shit coming.

For the past 2 months, I've been checking in on Airwarriors to see if anyone was picking up on this.

It took 57 days for someone to pick up on it here.

What was it that got everyone's attention finally? ESPN not having anything to talk about now that major league sports are cancelled? Not being able to execute PCS orders? Airlines curbing international and domestic routes?

I find the lack of strategic thinking and planning highly disturbing. You boys are about 2 months behind the power curve on this one.

COOP is about to go into effect. If you don't know what that is, you might want to grab a glossary.

You all are the best and brightest our country has to offer. Unfortunately, in the past 20 years of my military and federal service, I've seen all of that talent, attention and energy wasted on stuff that doesn't matter.

Our nation needs you. Be strategic thinkers that get out ahead of the threats and challenges that face us.

The virus is just one piece of the puzzle. As bad as it is (and yes, it is bad), we are also facing economic distress, collapse of the national healthcare system, supply chain disruptions and disruption of social order. And the cherry on top- this is a 100 year opportunity that will undoubtedly be taken advantage of by adversaries to further their own policies and agendas and upset the apple cart of the global balance of power.

I wish wardrooms were a little less Animal House and a little more von Clausewitz.

Saying this from a place of love for you all.

Go ahead, flame on- I'll make some popcorn.
While I agree with your views, in the end this wasn't very helpful.

Maxillarious

pilot
While I agree with your views, in the end this wasn't very helpful.

National COOP is imminent.
The virus is more severe than is being publically stated.
You will have difficulty providing for your family financially and materially unless specific and timely action is taken.
Foreign adversaries are positioning to take advantage of our misfortune.

But fuck me I guess.

Mos

None
National COOP is imminent.
The virus is more severe than is being publically stated.
You will have difficulty providing for your family financially and materially unless specific and timely action is taken.
Foreign adversaries are positioning to take advantage of our misfortune.

But fuck me I guess.
That's still pretty vague.

WTF is a national COOP?
Continuity of operations, I think.