• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cover Device Help

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
So maybe my Regs-Fu is weak today but I can't figure this out. I have two Officer crests - one is 'antiqued' - with the black filling in between the eagle's feathers, stripes on the shield, etc.

The other crest is just plain silver (eagle and shield) over the crossed gold anchors.

Which one goes on my piss-cutter? Thanks in advance...strange thing about OCS - it doesn't seem to teach you jack sh*t about being an Officer. :icon_rage

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are they the same size? If so both are legit and are just different finishes. I ordered mine through the NEX online before I got commissioned and they gave me the plain silver one, though a lot of people seem to have the antiquated ones. I've also seen the different finishes for the crest for the combo cover too.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Are they the same size? If so both are legit and are just different finishes. I ordered mine through the NEX online before I got commissioned and they gave me the plain silver one, though a lot of people seem to have the antiquated ones. I've also seen the different finishes for the crest for the combo cover too.

Thanks, yeah I ran into the same problem guying a combo cover device too (for graduation). They told me to buy the antiqued one, and everyone was wearing it, thankfully, at graduation. Thanks again.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
i don't know what the regs say, but for all intents and purposes, both are fine. silly noob ensigns.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is really just personal preference. Most people prefer the 'antiqued' look thoguh.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
It is really just personal preference. Most people prefer the 'antiqued' look thoguh.
Sure, so when you show up at your new unit with your butter bars they will look at your device and think you're "salty".;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sure, so when you show up at your new unit with your butter bars they will look at your device and think you're "salty". ;)

Especially if you also have all your VT and RAG patches, along with aircraft specific ones, sewn on your green flight jacket. Yes, I have actually seen that.

What do you Coasties do to look salty, put on waders instead of hip boots?

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Antiqued version goes on left side, shiny one on your right. Gouge: shiny = "starboard". Make sense? :)

Nice. I guess this is kinda like high school, "Oh room 223? It's up on the 4th floor next to the swimming pool."

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Sure, so when you show up at your new unit with your butter bars they will look at your device and think you're "salty".;)

This reminds me of the Marines who would graduate boot camp and run their cammies through the wash 100 times to give them that faded "old school" look...only to be told they were now unserviceable and to buy new ones.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
So maybe my Regs-Fu is weak today but I can't figure this out. I have two Officer crests - one is 'antiqued' - with the black filling in between the eagle's feathers, stripes on the shield, etc.

The other crest is just plain silver (eagle and shield) over the crossed gold anchors.

Which one goes on my piss-cutter? Thanks in advance...strange thing about OCS - it doesn't seem to teach you jack sh*t about being an Officer. :icon_rage

Aww, my little baby's all grown up!

You need to be worrying about which hole it goes in.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
just make sure you put your bars on right side up and not upside down.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Especially if you also have all your VT and RAG patches, along with aircraft specific ones, sewn on your green flight jacket. Yes, I have actually seen that.

What do you Coasties do to look salty, put on waders instead of hip boots?
Wear a Navy wife on each arm when going into a bar.;)

MasterBates

Wear a Navy wife on each arm when going into a bar.;)
Like these two?
FatChicks.jpg

BTW, 5000th post. booyah.