• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COULD I PLEASE HAVE TIPS TO HELP WITH OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musiqlover

Dear fellow Air Warriors Readers,

I will be attending OCS 16JUN01, and could use any gouge as to how to do well. Any suggestions? I am basically prepared physically, but am wondering if I could possibly get some gouge as to what else I should to to prepare for OCS? Maybe your top 10 suggestions? Feel free to put them in David Letterman, short and sweet version if you would like.

Thank you!

Paul

Edited by - Musiqlover on 03/29/2001 20:58:02

Jeff29

Science Project
Well, I don't have a top 10, but here are a couple things:

1) Know the BIG 3 (Chain of Command, General Orders of a Sentry, Code of Conduct); and I mean KNOW them. I practiced them while running and doing other types of PT, and while watching T.V. The idea was to be able to recite them while distracted, stressed, and/or fatigued. I also practiced giving them in random order.

2) You are never in good enough shape. There was a guy in my class who (and this is no joke) could crank out the maximum push-ups and sit-ups in less than a minute, and then run the mile-and-a-half in 7:12. When he would max out, he would do close to 150 push-ups and sit-ups in 2-minutes (he could also do 30+ pull-ups). Anyway, he still got tired during PT and mashings. If you're really confident with your conditiong, do some interval training where you intermix running with several different exercises for 30-40 minutes.

Musiqlover

Well, I don't have a top 10, but here are a couple things:

1) Know the BIG 3 (Chain of Command, General Orders of a Sentry, Code of Conduct); and I mean KNOW them. I practiced them while running and doing other types of PT, and while watching T.V. The idea was to be able to recite them while distracted, stressed, and/or fatigued. I also practiced giving them in random order.

2) You are never in good enough shape. There was a guy in my class who (and this is no joke) could crank out the maximum push-ups and sit-ups in less than a minute, and then run the mile-and-a-half in 7:12. When he would max out, he would do close to 150 push-ups and sit-ups in 2-minutes (he could also do 30+ pull-ups). Anyway, he still got tired during PT and mashings. If you're really confident with your conditiong, do some interval training where you intermix running with several different exercises for 30-40 minutes.

Are you serious? Is it that bad physically?

PM

Status
Not open for further replies.