• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CORTRAMID 2009 dates?

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
anyone have the 3 dates for cortramid 2009?

because i suck :eek:, i have to take over chemistry during the summer and need to figure out my summer schedule. :icon_tong

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c

hey, thanks a lot. i looked through a bunch of the links and i'm now confused about something. i don't know why, but i thought we could choose between three different summer CORTRAMID sessions, but some of the google links talk about phases for CORTRAMID. and it seems as if there are only two phases, one for CORTRAMID East and a different one at a different time of the summer for CORTRAMID West, so i guess i was wrong about the 3 sessions thing. I also used search on AW and looked through some messages in this NROTC subforum on AW and it seems like the only reason for changing to a CORTRAMID which is not near where i live is due to summer classes. does that mean i can figure out when my summer classes are going to be and then ask for the side of the country based on what time i have left available? when do you think the latest time in the spring is when i can request a side of the country for CORTRAMID?

thanks for the help! i don't what my summer chemistry class to screw up my summer training since it really sounds like it will be a lot of fun :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Generally, there are three phases of summer training, however there are only two phases of CORTRAMID. I think the reason is to make room for USNA in the third phase since their CORTRAMID is a little different than ROTC. When I did CORTRAMID east, the first 2 weeks of aviation would be ROTC and then the next two weeks would be USNA. I'm guessing it's similar in West.

The easiest way to work the class schedule is to go talk to your advisor. Giving him a heads up means he can coordinate w/ the Summer Cruise coordinator and they'll know you have special needs.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
thanks for the help! i don't what my summer chemistry class to screw up my summer training since it really sounds like it will be a lot of fun :)

Don't forget, you can also take classes at a community or local college and transfer them (check with your college first) if VMI's summer schedule of classes doesn't align with summer cruises. It's not difficult though, I've taken summer classes every summer and have been alright.

navy09

None
You don't "request" a coast/phase for CORTRAMID. Generally, if you live closer to SD, you go to CORTRAMID West, if you live closer to Norfolk, you go East.

The only exceptions to this rule at my unit is for summer school. Your profile says you're in VA...if you can use summer school to leverage your way to San Diego, do it.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Generally, there are three phases of summer training, however there are only two phases of CORTRAMID. I think the reason is to make room for USNA in the third phase since their CORTRAMID is a little different than ROTC. When I did CORTRAMID east, the first 2 weeks of aviation would be ROTC and then the next two weeks would be USNA. I'm guessing it's similar in West.

The easiest way to work the class schedule is to go talk to your advisor. Giving him a heads up means he can coordinate w/ the Summer Cruise coordinator and they'll know you have special needs.

thanks for the advice. i just sent some email to my nrotc class advisor letting her know that i have this summer school issue. maybe i'll get to go to san diego instead of norfolk :D

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Don't forget, you can also take classes at a community or local college and transfer them (check with your college first) if VMI's summer schedule of classes doesn't align with summer cruises. It's not difficult though, I've taken summer classes every summer and have been alright.

yeah, that's actually what i'm going to do. ive got to get the chemistry course approved by my school, but then i can take it at my community college during the summer. i hope that it means it will be a lot easier! :icon_tong

JhwK08

You don't "request" a coast/phase for CORTRAMID. Generally, if you live closer to SD, you go to CORTRAMID West, if you live closer to Norfolk, you go East.

The only exceptions to this rule at my unit is for summer school. Your profile says you're in VA...if you can use summer school to leverage your way to San Diego, do it.

Second that - San Diego is the way to go, but you will probably end up spending a lot more money on liberty since there is so much to do. Worth it IMO

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I enjoyed Norfolk, but I also had my car since I was coming from MD. If you do go East, bring your car if possible or make friends with people who do- you'll have more fun that way.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
I enjoyed Norfolk, but I also had my car since I was coming from MD. If you do go East, bring your car if possible or make friends with people who do- you'll have more fun that way.

Very true. Little Creek sucked if you have to take a cab or walk, and all the good bars were a 10 min (25.00) cab ride away. They told me it was because of parking availability, but I've never seen so many open spots in my life. A bunch of the Academy kids would routinely rent cars and/or hotel rooms... I guess if you have the money... I found it was cheaper to beg to use the MWR van.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c

great news for me! (i think) my LT told me that because of my summer school, i'll be headed to San Diego for CORTRAMID! :D

she did say though that even if we have cars she wont allow us to drive around and leave base though. is that a new rule? (i don't have a car but was hoping to hitch rides to the beach and stuff and weekends) :confused:

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
When I was there 4 years ago a fellow midi had a car (it was a Volkswagen minivan, which is a whole 'nother story) and we drove around in it. If this is her telling you that, well, she will be 3,000 miles away most likely...

They also had pretty cheap rental cars you could get on base. And the trolley stop was right outside the gate.