• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus squadron assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
you're first assigned to training wing 4 and then they assign you a squadron either VT-27 or VT-28. its possible to bargain with student control and trade squadrons with someone else you checked in with but after a little while its set.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i dont think there is much difference even though i know VT-28 folks stand much more watches. (due to a lesser watch time while 27's watches are up to 12 hours) when i got here the buzz was that VT-27 was the real hard squadron and 28 was the easy, more laid back squadron. therefore some folks decided to trade off. then after we got to the squadrons we found out the buzz was wrong. either squadron you get will be great and you'll get the same training even though 28's readyroom is much nicer than 27's.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
VT-27 just APPEARS more locked on. Maybe its because we spend more time flying and less time playing ping-pong.
apple_125.gif

beau

Hey Andrea, I've got some gouge that if your the first one to show up to the Scheduling (I think) officer (LT Domzel type) and say you have a friend in 27 or 28 you'll most likly (unless they are overmaned) get it........it is gouge though! Congrads on API........still in the Apathy Pool......I mean A-pool.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
It does not matter who you say you know, or what reason you give for why you want one sqd or another. They may even tell you that they will give you the sqd of your choice. But then you get that phone call...."you are classing up this week in the other sqd." Each sqd is equally good, one does some stuff better than the other, but then it also does some stuff worse than the other.
Oh and all the gouge you hear about 27 being the Luftewaffe, Not True.. (I know I am in 27)

rare21

pilot
Contributor
bch is right the bad gouge about 27 is wrong. its an awesome squadron

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
Either squadron is good. 12-hour SDHo sucks, but I've only stood it once so I'm not complaining. Things suck now cuz all our planes are broken or G-limited. That's mostly cuz the stupid solo's go out there and fly all the way to the beachline and forget to raise the gear... How dumb. Anyway, I love VT-27, but like any Navy event, be prepared to hurry up and wait.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
BTW, we have another leather couch on order and there is plans to knock down a wall in our ready room to make it bigger. It's a hard life.....I'm tellin ya....!

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
Bah, you can take your leather couches and your ping pong table and.....ummmm....well, enjoy them. I'm happy with my navy-issue blue couches and my microsim. Yea for me!

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
Hey...VT-28 needs their ping-pong table. What else would they do while they're waiting for their schedule to come out that day...er...evening.

beau

...."you are classing up this week in the other sqd."

yeah, welcome to the Navy....doesnt hurt to try anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.