• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

corpus shut down

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
trying to see if anyone can put this rumor mill to death... word on the street is contractors were using bad parts out in corpus, grounded everyone for a bit

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I can attest that all T-34s and T-44 were grounded for several (4?) days for maintenance reasons. TC-12's anyone? Don't recall them being down.

The rest is speculation to me...no idea what about maintenance grounded us..

gaetabob

pilot
the TC-12's were the only one's flying. For some reason they're using a different contractor.

MasterBates

Sikorsky Support Services failed AMMT. Badly. To the point where if it was a fleet squadron the CO, XO and MO would be looking for new jobs.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I flew the Friday they all went down--it was like flying on the weekend.

Have they managed to get many of them back up?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Yeah...we were back to a normal operating schedule the following Tuesday...however ACNA's have been abundant and aricraft are not being issued on time. For example, today, by 11, -28 had 9 ACNA's. This has been more the rule than the exception.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I've seen 2 ACNAs thus far in 35 (~2-3 months).

Scoob, whatever the hell your avatar is, I'm afraid it's going to give me nightmares after this mildly drunken posting on AW at 3 am...

SMILE4BULLETS

othromas...ive seen one of those in the bush once. a native told me it's a "venezuelan death rat." nasty little sumbitches, ill tell ya...