• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus question

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by kbsgirl
E5B,
how in the heck did you get on base housing at Quantico?

Before we left Tx for Quatico we heard that the wait was 6 months +. Well when I showed up I went right over to the housing office and asked for a house, and I walked out with the keys that day. Any givin time I could easily count 6-7 EMPTY houses on my block alone! I heard from folks that called the housing and got on their so called "waiting list" that again, was said to be 6 months but got denied when they arrived, and then they went to the houses and wrote down all the empties and showed it to them. They walked out of the office with keys. Those folks working at the housing office were downright rude and unhelpfull. I thought the houses were fine, others complained, but it's my understanding that they're about to be torn down and new ones put up.

If you want base housing and you call and they say nothing is availible, stop by the housing office anyway, drive by the houses and see whats open, do what you have to, I think it's worth it.

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
My Fiance lives in the Beach Club apartments. They are on the island off of Whitecap. They are decent apartments. Less than five minutes from the beach, it depends on how fast you can walk down there! I know that they have two bedrooms, but I am not sure about three bedrooms.

The only downside about living on the island, at least our part, is that there is not a grocery store, so you have to make that ten minute drive onto to the mainland to go shopping. But it is nice not having the traffic noise. Anyone who lived at Austinwoods in Pcola knows what I am talking about!

Agent00JP

Hey, we are moving down there in about 3 weeks. I read E5B's post and it said you have base housing in Corpus. How do you like it? I was just talking to a lady in the housing office and she mentioned that some of the units have a mold problem. Is the widespread? Are the "old" "enlisted" houses run-down?

She said they have a 3BR available a few days after we are scheduled to be down there. Do y'all think they would allow us to move into an older house and get on the waitlist for a newer one, to move into when one becomes available? Thanks for any help you can give me.

JP

zoomiejoe

We live on base and it is great. We are in older enlisted housing because we will only be here for a few more months before my husband wings so we didn't want to have to deal with moving into older officer housing and then into newer officer housing during his training. We have had no problem with mold, I just bleached down alot of things and we have airpurifiers in our bedroom and dining room. I love being on base because our dog now has a huge yard and utilities are included in our BAH. Ours is 811 so we definetly couldn't have gotten this large of an apartment/house with a yard, no electric or water bill and so close to the squadron! The housing looks older from the outside but the inside is nice, naturally the new houses are great but I've also heard of mold problems with them also since there were some problems with the construction companies and some of the houses were left open to the weather conditions, basically anywhere close to the water you will have a slight mold problem. As long as you control it yourself you are ok.
Most of my husband's single friends live at Beach Club Apartments, and the married folks who didn't get base housing live at Baypoint which was too expensive for what we wanted or Walnut Ridge.
Feel free to contact me.
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.