• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus House Help

phrogpilot73

I understand what the web-san is ranting about... I once had a civilian contractor admin type tell me "We lost your leave papers. Sorry." No we'll find them just give us a minute, what have you. I was a stud in the VT's IIRC, and I went ape-shit. At least in the FMF, I get to talk to a Marine that understands completely how important leave is.

Out-sourcing may save the Navy some ducketts, but I think that it ends up slamming the guys that need the help.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
There's a little tongue-in-cheek, but there's too much bitterness in there for it to come through...

Case in point, tell you what give you two:

1. Check in to NAS Barbers Point. Waiting list for base housing 13+ months. I get in 22nd on the list. Four months later I'm up to #5, I'm happy. I check in a week later and I'm back to #11!?!? What happened? 6 VP guys check in and bump me down the list and they've only just gotten to the island! But because the PATWING stamps their orders as arriving the day they detach VT-31. Not the day they actually arrive on island. So their report dates are almost nearly 13+ months before they even show up, so they jump to the head of the line. The pisser is when I figure this out and talk to the housing people about it. They just shrug their shoulders and give me the, "...it's the way it is". How's that for equitable?

2. I'm PCS'ing from NAS Corpus. I go to personal property to set up my pack up. The dry erase board at customer service says, "Making appointments for pack outs 5 wks from now". I talk to the lady at the desk and she says unless I have a desired pack out date 5 wks from now, I have to come back 5 wks from the day I want. It's five months out from when I want a pack out. I think it's a bit odd, but OK. I'll come back.

I come back 8 wks from my pack out date am very rudely informed that I should have come in as soon as I got my orders. Uh... I think that's what I did wasn't it?!? I tell them the whole story... no responsibility accepted on their part. Long story short, they don't know who told me about the 5 wks thing, and that they are already booked 3 months out (I PCS in 2 months), and they have nothing for me. If I want to complain they hand me a DD form and am told that I can mail it to some 0-7 on D.C. No accountability for the woman and the dry erase sign that told me about the 5 wks fiasco in the first place.

Long story short, they had a cancellation and were able to pack me out in 1 wk. It was that or nothing. So my pregnant wife and I slept in an empty house for 7 weeks on a the floor living out a small DIY pack move box... Pregnant wife, sleeping on floor and the fat GS's at PPD couldn't care less. Nasty cusses.

No apologies, or even accountability from Corpus personal property. Angers me till this day.

There's too many regs and checks and balances in the three AF moves I've done for that to have happened. I know AF has it's horror stories too. I just haven't lived through one yet. I've lived through too many Navy horror stories.

p1brule

Frenchy
pilot
All bitterness aside, to go back to the original thread for the wayward P-3 candidate.

The island is definitely the nicer of the areas close to base. There are some nice houses north of the base that you can find a good price on as well. A little older, but some nice neighborhoods. The bluff can be a little dicey. But like the previous poster asserted there are some nice neighborhoods. The island is great for single guys(gals) who can tripple up on roommates to take care of the rent. I think it would be kind of pricey for what you get for a family. I had a couple friends who lived in the base housing. They really liked it, and all the families near by made finding babysitters etc. easier.

good luck in Corpus.

RunninUte

Ute Nation
Thanks to everyone that provided information to us that allowed us to secure a home in Corpus. Seriously have made our move that much easier to know we don't have to find a place when we get down there. Othromas gave me a number of one of his buddies and he had a nice place for rent on the island that will fit us just great.

Thanks again and can't wait to strap another prop onto the plane and start flying those bad boys around :)

Trainwreck

Got a little captain in ya?
Primary in Corpus...Housing anyone?

Anyone know what the waitlist time length is right now in Corpus off hand? I know I could just call the PPV, but I'd rather not have to deal with civilians if at all possible. Thanks.