• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Christi

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyjetpilot56

Is there still, or i guess was there ever jet training at Corpus Christi. Im kinda lame, all i know about the road im embarking on to my wings is the crappy video with the GNR music they show at NRD, which I thought said Meridian and Corpus Christi were jet trainnig facilities.

BeanFighter

pilot
Don't know about ancient history but for the last 10 years the Navy / USMC jet training has been conducted in Meridian MS and Kingsville, TX (which is 40 NM from Corpus). Corpus does primary and props.

jmantel02

There also used to be jet training at the now-defunct NAS Beeville in Beeville, TX. That base has been shut down for at least 10 or 15 years. FYI

riley

I spoke with a Hornet pilot that was in the First Gulf war - Jet training used to take place at Corpus.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by riley mcconnell
I spoke with a Hornet pilot that was in the First Gulf war - Jet training used to take place at Corpus.

Well, it didn't. In the past, a jet dude had three choices, NAS Kingsville, Beeville, or Meridian. Years ago the Blues were stationed out of Corpus but moved to P-cola in the late 50's I believe. Corpus has for years been the master prop training base.

On a side note, for the starter of this thread, how did you come up with navyjetpilot56?

Status
Not open for further replies.