• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Check In and Wait Times

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
My tentative orders have me getting to Corpus on Aug 22nd. I'm trying to take leave to get to a wedding the following Saturday, Aug 28th. Whats the wait times there? Are folks classing up right away or is there time I can get leave?

81montedriver

pilot
yeh don't count on starting anytime soon. Although the pipeline has started opening up again, the guys that have been there waiting for 8+ months have to class up first before you can start and there were at least 20 last i knew. Did you really think you were going to start primary a week after you checked in??

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
yeh don't count on starting anytime soon. Although the pipeline has started opening up again, the guys that have been there waiting for 8+ months have to class up first before you can start and there were at least 20 last i knew. Did you really think you were going to start primary a week after you checked in??

I've been getting conflicting reports from folks. Fellow studs are telling me it's anywhere from months to weeks, but for sure not right away. Staff at NASC are saying detach Thursday and get down there right away, you check in and start the next Monday. Just trying to get some updated gouge.

81montedriver

pilot
the guys who had been there since Dec/Jan timeframe have started classing up and will be trickling into the VT's from now through September. If anyone else has had any more recent news please correct any wrong info.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Awesome, thanks. Still getting used to the Navy having it's way with my life.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Think about it this way.....even if you did start the week after you checked in, you still wouldn't be doing anything that weekend. I'd be surprised if they cared, unless things have changed in the TW-4 office a lot in the last couple of years.

bbf7b2

pilot
Just for what it's worth I just checked in on 01 AUG and I'm classing up 09 AUG. The wait right now is either one or two weeks depending on how the classes fill.

I'm heading down there next week and heard it's only a few weeks wait, but as usual things can change with a blink of the eye.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Apparently the pilots in the last class to finish their Nav tests in API were told that they were all (or mostly anyway) going to report to Corpus the Monday after API was completed.

Two weeks notice for a move. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but that's pretty quick.

Anyone know if they're giving house-hunting leave right now upon check-in? Is it all BOQ lodging for the moment?

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
All the Navy pilots in our class are headed to Corpus and that currently seems to be the trend, unless you have follow-on orders to Whiting. We'll be checking out a week after API graduation, at the latest, with the exception of the lucky 5 who are volunteering or being voluntold to go the day after graduation.

revan, you will stop by the BOQ to get a chit signed saying all base housing is occupied and be granted permission to live off-base. Recently, the wait between IFS/API and check-in has been no more than a month or so.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the replies all. I'm headed that way soon and got in touch with the right folks. If the stars align, might be able to make it happen. If not, oh well, it's big boy time.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Thanks Junkball but I was referring to the situation with househunting leave at Corpus. Good advice to people coming to Pensacola though.