• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contracting Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpilot1

Is it possible to commit to 8 years of active duty early, or do you have to wait until your junior year in NROTC?

Why would you want to? You don't get more money or anything. Wait until it's time to extend your contract (while on active duty), and you can get a bonus.

redpilot1

Sorry, my post earlier might have been confusing. Initially in NROTC can you commit to four years active duty like the scholarship recipients, or do you have to wait until your Junior year.

I'm assuming you're talking about college program...? If so, you are required to pick up advanced standing before they will even commission you. So until you get AS, no you cannot sign on. As to how early you can pick up AS, I'm not sure. But I don't think you can apply until the end of your sophomore year, and you're required to have it to continue on.

Again, though, there's no point to commit before you have to, unless you're looking for a "guaranteed" (nothing's guaranteed) commission. In that case, try to get the scholarship ASAP.

Hope this helps.

Chris Hill said:
I'm assuming you're talking about college program...? If so, you are required to pick up advanced standing before they will even commission you. So until you get AS, no you cannot sign on. As to how early you can pick up AS, I'm not sure. But I don't think you can apply until the end of your sophomore year, and you're required to have it to continue on.

Again, though, there's no point to commit before you have to, unless you're looking for a "guaranteed" (nothing's guaranteed) commission. In that case, try to get the scholarship ASAP.

Hope this helps.

Spot on...and you DO need to pick it up before end of junior year(usually meaning sometime before 2nd semester starts), probably has to do with sending you off to your 1st class cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.